So....The Mandalorian

Filthy Jawa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My only main criticism is the pacing was a little fast for my liking. But it was a 40 min episode. Wish it was 50 mins or an hour and a slightly slower pace.. More like a western rather than kids attention span pacing. But other than that enjoyed it a lot

The best thing I have seen in SW in a long, long time.

I was more emotionally moved when the whatever Salicious Crumb is alien in the cage watching his peer get cooked than anything I have seen in SW.

It feels very Dark Tower-esque and The Mandalorian is The Gunslinger/ Roland. Which is awesome....

I think it could go either way-- but i had a lot of fun. Most importantly, like TFA, it nailed the tone. It FELT like Star Wars, which in my opinion most official SW products do not.

The FX weren't quite movie level, but they were certainly good enough. Loved the IG. The creatures and props were spot on. If the Obi-Wan series hits this level of quality we're in for a treat.

My one big question is how often is Pedro Pascal actually playing the Mando? TWO stunt doub les were listed. He could be pulling and RDJ and just doing most of his work as VO and unmasking scenes.

I have an associate who is a Star Wars wannabe fan boy. I say wannabe because he usually tried to impress me with his knowledge, and I usually end up correcting him. He says to me this morning, that it's obvious the baby at the end is a clone. Now I'll just wait and watch, but how was that obvious? Did he miss the part about it being 50 years old? Why does everyone go to Star Wars characters needing to be related to someone. You hear that JJ!!! Don't do it!!!

I'm watching the second episode when I get home from work.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.