So....The Mandalorian

Filthy Jawa

4 hours ago, The Choc said:

Not my intention. I feel all  normally do is give good, sound reasoning for my opinions. Maybe not every time but normally. Even you at least partially agreed with my take that what makes Luke so great and beloved is not his fighting ability. 

Either way at least my implications are "low key". People used to come in here and flat out call prequel fans idiots who would like anything with the logo slapped on it. 

But again just to reiterate, I don't think Luke cutting down a couple dozen battle droids is some kind of amazing scene that fans have been dreaming of. I mean it doesn't separate him from other Jedi or anything. If there is one thing we've seen Jedi do alot of it's cutting down battle droids. Good scene, fun scene, entertianing scene. Easy thumbs up, even 2 thumbs up. 

Hey, I fully admitted the irony of what I said given how eager I used to be to shout down anyone who liked the PT.

But in your post you did basically ask wtf was up with people getting emotional about seeing Luke.

Yeah and I still do ask that, LOL. Its more like this though: You and I share a pie. I eat a slice and say "wow, thats really good pizza" and you go "YEAH!! its the best pizza Ive ever had". Then Im saying "really? you like it that much? Why?"

And really you are the only one to give me any reason for why people love it SO MUCH. Most people just say "its what I always wanted to see". Which really isn't an answer. And even your reason that Luke is supposed to be the greatest Jedi or whatever I don't really agree with. I don't think there is anything in the movies to suggest Luke is like overly powerful compared to other Jedi. 

I haven’t seen it, but “Oh man, I’ve always wanted to see Luke kick ass” isn’t acceptable.

I mean, people cry if their favorite sports team wins a championship because they want to see it.

I didn;t say that or anything near that. I said I liked the scene and it was cool, Ive said it in nearly every single post. Point out anywhere I said or anything near that. Point out anything I said that isn't true. I never said its stupid to get emotional over Luke slicing through battle droids. If people take that from what Im saying then maybe thats cause THEY think it is a bit stupid. But I never said that, nor do I even think it. 

I get sometimes it can be hard to put into words why you wanted something or why you liked something. Thats perfectly fine. Im glad people loved it, Im glad people love the show, the season, the episode, the scene. I did too. I thought the 2nd season was really good. All I am saying is that when I think of Luke, him being a bad ass fighter is not why I love him, so seeing him as a badass fighter isn't THAT special to me. 

All Im asking of those who do think it is super special is this: why is this the thing that feels to you like the great thing we see Luke do? Is it just seeing him at all? Cause like I said weve seen pretty much every Jedi ever slice through battle droids. We probably have seen a thousand of them cut down if you count cartoons. 

You did, I think thats fair. Im pretty sure in one of my posts I alluded to that and said you were the only one who really did give me a reason. And again I did like seeing it. It was cool. Maybe its asking too much for people to explain the difference between me looking at it as an 8/10 and someone else thinking it was a 10/10. Maybe that difference in opinion isn't even worth discussing? Maybe I should just say "well everyone liked it" and thats the end of it.

Thats not me though. I like to argue that 20% difference. I get some people don't. And if you don't thats fine and its simple, don't engage me on it. Then in a day or two something else will be posted speculating on the future of the series or whatever and this talk about Luke would be over. 

I just saw the Luke scene. Very impressive.

I am very close to beginning my complete Star Wars TV and movie marathon soon, beginning with Willow, which I believe is set in the prehistoric past. It'll be quite some time before I work up to The Mandalorian, but that is what I am mostly looking forward to. My fellow chroniclers tell me it can fit just before Heir to the Empire, and that Rebels is actually far less problematic with the EU than The Clone Wars is.

Yes, this is how someone like me has fun. Sad, huh?

I'm also looking forward to the other series (plural) announced and greatly anticipate at least some of it being compatible to my timeline. In fact, I've recently been rethinking LucasFilm's actions recently and have been thinking that maybe they do realize what they did to us EU fans and are trying to extend olive branches as best they can, even though they can't give us exactly what we're asking for at this time (the official continuation of "Legends"). In fact, I might dedicate a thread to this idea in the near future!

17 hours ago, The Choc said:

Well I think if I ask "why do you want to see it" and the answer is "I just want to see it". I mean its not really an answer. 

Does it really need an answer?  ROTJ era Luke making a live action appearance?  It speaks for itself.  

I was pretty underwhelmed by it all, after Luke started taking down the Cylons.   But it's still freaking awesome and the only thing anyone really needs to say is 'Luke Skywalker' and I immediately get it.  For a SW fan, that sums it all up 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.