So....The Mandalorian

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hearing people complain about the Mandalorian makes me think no one will ever be satisfied with new Star Wars no matter how good it is. As someone else said, the first 2 episodes are better than all o

JFC you babies, it's nightly. We fight about star wars.

Calm down Karen.

Posted Images

On 9/18/2020 at 9:48 AM, Filthy Jawa said:

The boat felt weird to me. It jumped out and made me think about if there should be boats in SW. I'm not saying I don't like it, it just feels like the wrong tech in this galaxy. But I get it. 

...and I'm sure one of you beautiful beautiful nerds will point out all the other times there have been boats in SW. 

I guess it depends on the level of tech in general, on whatever planet they are on. Here on Earth, you can find horse-drawn buggies and rickshaws next to cars and lorries on the same roads. Seems like a boat wouldn't be nearly as unbelievable in Star Wars as space horses galloping around on top of a spaceship that could simply be tilted 15°.

On 9/25/2020 at 7:37 AM, Jedigoat said:

I suppose if you have things that fly, why use a boat?  Maybe the tech isn't as high on that planet. 

This is the logic that broke me with the last TNG cast Trek movie. You got transporters AND shuttles, but we need a dune buggy chase?

1 hour ago, Tank said:

This is the logic that broke me with the last TNG cast Trek movie. You got transporters AND shuttles, but we need a dune buggy chase?

Haven't seen it.  I mean, you could easily write the scene to where there are no other transportation methods.  But if that's chosen over other options, then what the eff?!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 10:37 AM, Jedigoat said:

I suppose if you have things that fly, why use a boat?  Maybe the tech isn't as high on that planet. 

I can't wait for us to invent things that fly in the real world so we don't have boats any more.

I try to think of it like this...

Think about the extreme differences in technology here on Earth from culture to culture.  There is technology that is seemingly outdated but still has its purposes.  QWERTY keyboards, books, cash, message boards are all outdated but have hidden utility that is unknown to an observer unfamiliar with the technology.  I mean stuff like tanning beds still exist.  There are still places that don't have running water or electricity or think voting Donald Trump is a good idea.  

We don't know the technology/ technologies behind why boats exists.  

When Bruce Banner Hulks up, why do his pants still stay on?