Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So....The Mandalorian

151 replies to this topic

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Validating
  • 8,857 posts

Lord Darth Hunter

Lord Darth Hunter

Sith Lord of Crystal Lake

• 4,446 posts

Maybe we'll see IG-88 attempt his plot for galactic domination by downloading himself into Death Star II like in Therefore I Am: The Tale of IG-88 story.

This series looks pretty sweet.

• Jacen123, zambingo and El Chalupacabra +1 this

Lace Mindu

Lace Mindu

Hubcap Diamond Star Halo

• 5,604 posts

I heard it's not IG-88.  Like The Mandalorian isn't a Fett, the droid that looks like IG-88 is a different model.

I just wanna see Salicious Crumb toasted on a stick.  Mmmm, mmmm good!

Kyrian

Kyrian

I'm back

• 11,385 posts

It's IG-11, and apparently he's being voiced by Taika Waititi. There's also apparently going to be comments/jokes about the two of them being mistaken for Fett and 88.

Kyrian

Kyrian

I'm back

• 11,385 posts

Proper trailer was released:

I'm so ready for this.

Edited for embed

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,262 posts
Fixed it for you. Just switch https to http
  • Kyrian +1 this

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,355 posts
I am more amped for this than ep 9
  • Kyrian +1 this

Rogue 3

Rogue 3

Who is Number 1?

• 2,678 posts
Really looking forward to this! Shame we have to find somewhere to download it in the UK with the channel not being released here yet, but oh well!

Rogue 3

Rogue 3

Who is Number 1?

• 2,678 posts
Nick Nolte playing an Ugnaught! Finally they get dialogue!

Rogue 3

Rogue 3

Who is Number 1?

• 2,678 posts

Hey - anyone managed to watch this yet?  Heard whispers of good reviews for the 1st episode.   

Gutted it's not out here in the UK until March, so will be keeping an eye on the usual websites to see about downloads!

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,726 posts
I really enjoyed it.

Good God a Bear

Good God a Bear

well ****

• 8,418 posts

It was a pretty good setup. Looking forward to where it goes. 

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,262 posts
It was better than most of the movies.
  • Tank and Odine +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,794 posts
I have lots of things to say when I get to an actual keyboard.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,262 posts
That reveal at the end could make the biggest gift if Christmas 2019. I know people who are already looking for one.

Filthy Jawa

Filthy Jawa

Bring back Mandard!

• 8,686 posts
Tank, did you just post a teaser for your post?
#hollywood
  • Tank, Jacen123, Brando and 2 others like this

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,255 posts

I watched it. I was entertained. I will watch the next one.

• Odine +1 this

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,355 posts
That was rad. I'm all in. It's perfectly cheese and family adventure. Hopefully they don't **** it up

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,355 posts
My only main criticism is the pacing was a little fast for my liking. But it was a 40 min episode. Wish it was 50 mins or an hour and a slightly slower pace.. More like a western rather than kids attention span pacing. But other than that enjoyed it a lot

Darth Ender

Darth Ender

• Members
  • 471 posts

The best thing I have seen in SW in a long, long time.

I was more emotionally moved when the whatever Salicious Crumb is alien in the cage watching his peer get cooked than anything I have seen in SW.  

It feels very Dark Tower-esque and The Mandalorian is The Gunslinger/ Roland.  Which is awesome....

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,235 posts
I thought it was meh. Basically rehash. Fan wank. Will keep watching.

The Choc

The Choc

• 9,030 posts

I thought it was ok, didn't blow me away by any stretch. Good enough to keep me watching for now though. 

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,794 posts

I think it could go either way-- but i had a lot of fun. Most importantly, like TFA, it nailed the tone. It FELT like Star Wars, which in my opinion most official SW products do not.

The FX weren't quite movie level, but they were certainly good enough. Loved the IG. The creatures and props were spot on. If the Obi-Wan series hits this level of quality we're in for a treat.

My one big question is how often is Pedro Pascal actually playing the Mando? TWO stunt doub les were listed. He could be pulling and RDJ and just doing most of his work as VO and unmasking scenes.

• Odine +1 this

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,726 posts
I have an associate who is a Star Wars wannabe fan boy. I say wannabe because he usually tried to impress me with his knowledge, and I usually end up correcting him. He says to me this morning, that it's obvious the baby at the end is a clone. Now I'll just wait and watch, but how was that obvious? Did he miss the part about it being 50 years old? Why does everyone go to Star Wars characters needing to be related to someone. You hear that JJ!!! Don't do it!!!

I'm watching the second episode when I get home from work.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,262 posts

Maybe he meant clown. It’s definitely a clown.

Reply to this topic