Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So....The Mandalorian

78 replies to this topic

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,422 posts

There's seven minutes of the show on YouTube too. It's looking totally worth it.

I think that's the seven minutes plus a bit better quality of the trailer and some other bits from the Panel.

I'm really really looking forward to this, much more than any other SW movie or series at the moment. I've always wanted a live action Star Wars show and the fact it's finally happening is really exciting. 

• Ryn +1 this

The Choc

The Choc

• 8,997 posts

I hope this gets an MA rating. That'd be sweet.

*waits for Choc to come in here banging on about Star Wars is for kids*

No, I actually think stuff like this is where we should see stuff that is aimed less at kids. I'll add to that I don't have a problem if they decide to make stuff aimed less at kids in any medium. I just think its silly to complain when they do make stuff that is aimed at kids. 

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,312 posts

There's seven minutes of the show on YouTube too. It's looking totally worth it.

I think that's the seven minutes plus a bit better quality of the trailer and some other bits from the Panel.

I'm really really looking forward to this, much more than any other SW movie or series at the moment. I've always wanted a live action Star Wars show and the fact it's finally happening is really exciting. 

Despite the video quality this has me pretty excited. It's looking great!

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,805 posts

Yes.  Thanks for sharing that!  I had never heard Pascal speak outside of Game of Thrones.  I had no idea what his natural voice sounded like.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,592 posts

TRAILER TIME

• Ryn and zambingo +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,680 posts
IG88!!

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,846 posts

!

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,592 posts

the only thing I don't like about the trailer is the BWAAAAAAAAAA music that's been in EVERY goddamn trailer for the last decade

• zambingo +1 this

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,846 posts

Thank you, Inception!

• Darth Krawlie +1 this

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,312 posts
Inception had that dramatic drum beats as well. South Park took the piss out of that really well.

This looks awesome though

Kyrian

Kyrian

I'm back

• 11,379 posts

IG88!!

It's IG-11, not 88. A leaked Funko Pop revealed some characters on the back, one of which was labelled as IG-11. Plus this IG has a different body design to the 88 seen in ESB.

• zambingo +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,680 posts
Shut up, nerd. IG88 in the house.
  • zambingo, Kyrian and Odine +1 this

Filthy Jawa

Filthy Jawa

Bring back Mandard!

• 8,677 posts
Oh man. I was just looking at a still from the trailer and thinking, "that doesn't quite look like IG88"
I'm such a nerd.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,846 posts

IG-11 or IG-88, either way looks pretty awesome.  Just like the Mandalorian isn't Fett, it's still close enough for me.

Anyone hear how many episodes per season?

• Ryn and Kyrian +1 this

Filthy Jawa

Filthy Jawa

Bring back Mandard!

• 8,677 posts
IMDb lists Pedro Pascal as being in 8 episodes.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,079 posts

I hope this gets an MA rating. That'd be sweet.

*waits for Choc to come in here banging on about Star Wars is for kids*

No, I actually think stuff like this is where we should see stuff that is aimed less at kids. I'll add to that I don't have a problem if they decide to make stuff aimed less at kids in any medium. I just think its silly to complain when they do make stuff that is aimed at kids. 

Everything I've ever read says that Disney+ isn't going beyond PG-13, so MA is probably off the table.

Kyrian

Kyrian

I'm back

• 11,379 posts

They've said they're going for a darker, freakier tone. Should be very interesting, I'm very much looking forward to it, but apparently Disney+ will only be available in 5 countries on launch, none of which will be the UK. Great. I'm also hoping it'll be a Netflix-style all-episodes-drop-at-once deal rather than weekly, but I get the feeling it'll be weekly.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,592 posts
Pretty sure Ive read its coming out one at a time.
  • Kyrian +1 this

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,189 posts
I showed my wife the trailer and she asked if Tank was making this series too. I was like, I dunno. Pretty sure not. He definitely could tho. And then I drifted off for a moment thinking about Tank Star Wars. She interpreted my moment a different way and asked me if I knew that I was already married.
  • Jacen123 and Ryn +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,079 posts
It's okay if you want to marry Tank.

And, yeah, they're not dropping content Netflix style, and they're not going past PG-13. Hulu will be the home for anything more adult oriented.
  • zambingo +1 this

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,189 posts
I might have proposed to Tank if I thought I could fight off Krawlie. But even though I am thick, Krawlie must have the length advantage... strictly speaking in weight and height here, of course.

Kyrian

Kyrian

I'm back

• 11,379 posts

So you won't beat off Krawlie so you can beat off Tank?

• Tank, zambingo and Odine +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,680 posts
This thread is golden
  • zambingo and Kyrian +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,079 posts
This thread would be streamed on Hulu instead of Disney+
  • zambingo +1 this

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,245 posts

IG88!!

Just read that IG-11 is going to get mistaken for the more-famous IG-88 repeatedly in the show too, which is meta and hilarious.

• Jacen123, Ryn, Darth Krawlie and 2 others like this

Reply to this topic