So....The Mandalorian

Filthy Jawa

That was an April Fools prank by LucasFilm. They said so the following day.

Still don't see why you think it's dumb, though. Willow isn't a great movie, sure, but the lore is pretty solid. In fact, there was a trilogy of fantasy novels that served as sequels to the movie which were miles above in quality (and are also included in my timeline).

9 minutes ago, Zerimar Nyliram said:

Still don't see why you think it's dumb, though. Willow isn't a great movie, sure, but the lore is pretty solid. In fact, there was a trilogy of fantasy novels that served as sequels to the movie which were miles above in quality (and are also included in my timeline).

I'll agree but only if it's just as (far more) sensible for Fonzie to be a Jedi. 

19 minutes ago, Zerimar Nyliram said:

The very idea, joke or not, is ridiculous. 

Never should the two ever meet.

17 minutes ago, Jedigoat said:

Kilmer in his prime.  Forget Willow.  I want a Madmartigan series.  

They would definitely need to recast that role today, unless it was a CGI series.  

Personally, since Willow was sort of Lucas' take on Lord of the Rings, I think it would be better off to have a new cast, with Willow being sort of Bilbo to a new Frodo-type character, and someone like Madmartigan, maybe even his son.  

1 minute ago, Zathras said:

They would definitely need to recast that role today, unless it was a CGI series.  

Personally, since Willow was sort of Lucas' take on Lord of the Rings, I think it would be better off to have a new cast, with Willow being sort of Bilbo to a new Frodo-type character, and someone like Madmartigan, maybe even his son.  

Madmartigan would kick Aragorn's ass.  And Legolas.  At the same time. 

For giggles:

Willow being in Star Wars isn’t as far out an idea as one would think, even in Star Trek there were planets dominated by various things from ghosts to magical cats to witchcraft. There are other large science fiction universes that get “nuts” with it like that too. Way back in the day, but not as way back as TOS, ancient computers had a game called Centauri Alliance. In CA, even with the main premise being proto Mass Effectian, there was at least one planet that could have fit right in as Willow’s World with all of that film’s dragons, goblins, and the like. In regards to head canon that might make one wish someone shot themselves in a head with a head cannon, there are quite a few conspiracies and Easter eggs in The Elder Scrolls and Fallout that suggest they are the same universe. Then of course we have that quote from that one famous smart guy that was all like, “Science looks like magic to morons.”

Does doing this change the enjoyment of these things? Is it just a fun thought exercise, or is enjoyment dependent upon this? Seems like extra stress and wasted brain time to me-- especially when you know they could change things, and you don't love that.

The Ewoks thing isn't mental gymnastics on my part: it was confirmed by Leland Chee. For the rest, I guess you and I simply have different attitudes. You see it as exhausting and pointless; I see it as incredibly fun. It's why I've taken such a liking to Star Wars chronicling, and yes, it includes stories I both enjoy and don't enjoy. Like real life, it is ridden with awesomeness and turds.

I can definitely see why you'd feel the way you do, though. Would you care to see things from my perspective, or will you just denounce it as an invalid form of enjoyment? This questions isn't necessarily directed at Tank--I think he's actually fairly reasonable in that regard--but to some of the other people here.

The thing is Zerimar you have to realize that the way you enjoy Star Wars is going to seem a bit crazy, even to people who have spent a couple decades hanging around a Star Wars messageboard. Others are going to rib you a bit. It like this, I used ot spend alot of time going over baseball stats, ranking teams and players. That sort of things. Even other baseball fans would give me a hard time "you need to find something better to do." I'd laugh and say you are probably right. When people here give you a hard time you take it personally and get defensive. Which only makes it more fun for the ones giving you a hard time to continue with it.

Just have some self awareness. Your style of fandom is going to seem ultra nerdy even to other nerds. 

1 hour ago, The Choc said:

The thing is Zerimar you have to realize that the way you enjoy Star Wars is going to seem a bit crazy, even to people who have spent a couple decades hanging around a Star Wars messageboard. Others are going to rib you a bit. It like this, I used ot spend alot of time going over baseball stats, ranking teams and players. That sort of things. Even other baseball fans would give me a hard time "you need to find something better to do." I'd laugh and say you are probably right. When people here give you a hard time you take it personally and get defensive. Which only makes it more fun for the ones giving you a hard time to continue with it.

Just have some self awareness. Your style of fandom is going to seem ultra nerdy even to other nerds. 

Isn't that breaking nerd code or something?  One nerd calling another nerd a nerd?  

Nerds. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.