So....The Mandalorian

Filthy Jawa

I think at the very least, it would be possible for their to be rumors of Luke being a Jedi and a holo of him at some point. I mean, he’s also a hero of the Rebellion, so it’d make sense if someone is out looking for Jedi for someone to at least mention him.

I won’t be disappointed if it isn’t the case, but it makes sense.

Next episode is written & directed by Filoni - don’t think they will be delaying the arrival of Ashoka for another week! Very much looking forward to seeing her!

But what next? Do we see him leaving the child with her and that’s that? No - has to be more to it with Gideon. I was expecting the child to have been captured by Gideon in that last episode - Mando just not making it back in time. Rest of the season then to get him back, and recruiting Ahsoka to help. But regardless, I did enjoy that episode immensely!

Enjoying the Luke speculation also. That flashback in TROS gave me chills! Definitely the stand out moment. 

On 11/23/2020 at 5:31 PM, Fozzie said:

I think at the very least, it would be possible for their to be rumors of Luke being a Jedi and a holo of him at some point. I mean, he’s also a hero of the Rebellion, so it’d make sense if someone is out looking for Jedi for someone to at least mention him.

I won’t be disappointed if it isn’t the case, but it makes sense.

I don't see Filoni or Favreau turning down a chance to have Luke on the show at some point. I think the main thing standing in the way is MH agreeing to it.  I think MH has hard feelings about how the ST went down, and he might be warry of reprising Luke.  He'd probably want some type of guarantees, so that he doesn't end up as an ineffectual glorified cameo, that literally doesn't do anything important until his last scene.  

1 hour ago, Zathras said:

I don't see Filoni or Favreau turning down a chance to have Luke on the show at some point. I think the main thing standing in the way is MH agreeing to it.  I think MH has hard feelings about how the ST went down, and he might be warry of reprising Luke.  He'd probably want some type of guarantees, so that he doesn't end up as an ineffectual glorified cameo, that literally doesn't do anything important until his last scene.  

Please...yes...

5 hours ago, Zathras said:

I love Hamill but I don’t think he’d be a hard sell. If anything I think he’d jump at it just to have another shot at it.

Basically, if they can get Ford back I don’t think they’d struggle with Hamill. 

The Mandalorian's budget is around $16mil per episode. It's one of the most expensive shows in production, and the only show at that level that isn't spending its money on Star Power. For them it's all going into the technology to make it look as good as the movies.

We all love Mark Hamill, but he's not A-list. They can afford him fine. He can hold himself hostage to some extent, but they have enough footage, audio, and CG models of him already that they could easily make something with zero input from him and just pay his likeness fee.

I think it all depends on how he’s used. I could see him being referenced as someone showing a holographic image of him, and they don’t need anything for that. Literally a still from RotJ would work for that.

Honestly, they could take the hologram of Luke from Jabba's palace as is and just get him to do some new ADR for it and it would be good to go.

Leia in Rogue One was great until they showed her eyes. TROS was Carrie Fischer's face mapped onto Billie Lorde's body and worked okay. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Honestly, they could take the hologram of Luke from Jabba's palace as is and just get him to do some new ADR for it and it would be good to go.

Leia in Rogue One was great until they showed her eyes. TROS was Carrie Fischer's face mapped onto Billie Lorde's body and worked okay. 

Those eyes still haunt me. Thanks for bringing it up, now I won’t sleep for days.

4 hours ago, Tank said:

THat is definitely a good way to do it.   I just have a problem with a technology exists where they can use the likeness of a living actor who is still able to act (and willing to) without consent, and shoot a scene without them.  There has to be some SAG rule or other actor union rule against that.

4 hours ago, Zathras said:

THat is definitely a good way to do it.   I just have a problem with a technology exists where they can use the likeness of a living actor who is still able to act (and willing to) without consent, and shoot a scene without them.  There has to be some SAG rule or other actor union rule against that.

I think it all depends on the usage. Like I said, it it’s a holiday from RotJ, I don’t think that requires MH’s work. He’s no longer physically the same person he was 40 years ago, so having him do a purely physical cameo doesn’t make much sense. If there’s more than that, and it isn’t a flashback, then I would hope they get him somehow. But, in the end, I think that the show probably benefits from being separate from the Skywalkers.

All of this is subject to actually watching the second season, of course. I’ve been reading rather than watching stuff with my limited free time, and I was interrupted within 5 minutes of starting the first episode. I wish I was a little more comfortable watching it with my kids, but is there really anything worse in it than RotS or the ST?

11 hours ago, Tank said:

You have to pay likeness fees. There’s a reason Lucasfilm stopped putting actual photos on action figure backing cards. I’m sure the ST stars had far more complicated contracts.

I've never paid attention to that before.   Now that I think about it, I only see photos on the vintage packaging. 

What surprises me about figures is there is no license fee for the figures themselves.  I mean vintage and POTF2 could get away with it because they were sculpts that slightly resembled the actors, but modern figures use computer scans to make the figure look really close to the person in question.

1 hour ago, Zathras said:

Well, is Grogu the son of Yoda and Yaddle?

Yeah, what a hypocrite Yoda is.

Also, did anyone catch what looked like a Loth-cat during this episode? With that and mention of Thrawn, I think the people who are predicting Ezra's return are correct. He may be the next Jedi we see.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.