So....The Mandalorian

Filthy Jawa

What you are describing, I think, are people who are casual fans: people who enjoy Star Wars, but not necessarily all that into it. Sure some probably don't know who Fett is, but a lot of those folks do, as well. You don't have to be a hard core fan to know who Fett is. And there are millions upon millions of people who can say they know who Fett is, which is hardly a cult.

Also, don't blame the Star Wars trolls all on the gen xers. There are plenty of millennials, even zoomers, who are gate keepers, too.

I am not doing that at all Kyrian. Quite the opposite, and not sure if you saw the previous posts before mine, but I was in agreement with some that believe that the largest fan group of Boba Fett is possibly due to those who grew up on the OT and collected figures (causing a connection to Fett that younger generations might not have) and responding to others who believe only hard core gate keeping fans know who Boba Fett is. First, I was stating that hard core fans and casual fans alike know who Fett is, and it is not just some fringe cult of Fett fans who know who he is. Also, I am differentiating between serious Star Wars fans (people like you and I and most of the nightly posters who like Star Wars), casual Star Wars fans/people who just liked watching the movies (casual movie goers who liked SW, but not that into it, possibly the majority), and the toxic fans/gate keepers (vast minority). Also, when it comes to who are the toxic fans, I am pointing out that it isn't just the gen xers who grew up on Star Wars that make up the toxic fan gate keepers, but that other generations are also in that group, like millennials and zoomers.

• 3 weeks later...

So in the hood is WWE star Sasha Banks.. which is kinda cool. Even though the cue tells us Jedi, all the rumors say she's playing Sabine from Rebels... which-- maybe is because she';s ethnic and has had the same hair colors? If it's true, thats not awful casting.

Mostly, I'm liking what looks to be some biomes/environs not usually seen int he SW universe. Always like that.

Obvi I had my old man “I’ve seen this, this is so much retread, ugh these lame plot devices, why not a woman, and omg a toddler that stays a toddler for fifty years is a freaking nightmare” issues and I wrote about all that to my well established penchant for the ridiculous.

hOWeVER!.!.. this series is probably the third best Star Wars thing ever made only behind ANH and ESB. I’m looking forward to more and the continued justification for paying a Disney+ subscription.

The boat felt weird to me. It jumped out and made me think about if there should be boats in SW. I'm not saying I don't like it, it just feels like the wrong tech in this galaxy. But I get it. 

...and I'm sure one of you beautiful beautiful nerds will point out all the other times there have been boats in SW. 

On 9/16/2020 at 2:47 PM, Tank said:

So in the hood is WWE star Sasha Banks.. which is kinda cool.

I honestly read that as you telling us Sasha Banks was in your neighbourhood.

I usually assume trailers are trying to trick me and I doubt they'll go full Jedi on this show (at least not yet) and it makes sense she would be looking for the darksabre. And Ezra would be looking for baby yoda. 

BFE8E198-C03C-4902-A69D-D6404E751CDC.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.