So....The Mandalorian

Filthy Jawa

I've started seeing ads for The Child toys. When I click on them, they're saying they will be available in May 2020. Disney, if you are wondering why Star Wars isn't making you enough money, this is why.

I think they kind of blew it with Frozen, too. I remember it being a much bigger hit than anticipated and not having any toys until like, summer, with a winter movie release.

Baby Yoda was intentional - they wanted to keep it a surprise. The problem Disney has isn't individual things making money, it's that they want all the things to print unlimited monies and they aren't having the launch that they wanted. They wanted a repeat of Marvel: near universal acclaim and a happy fan base.

On the other hand, Iron Man 2 almost derailed the MCU, and that all turned out okay.

I know they wanted to keep it a surprise, but once the cat was out of the bag, it's like they did nothing and suddenly realized around Thanksgiving Eve that maybe they should've had something for Black Friday or just the Christmas season in general.

What was the beef with Iron Man 2? I remember liking it a lot more than 3. Not as good as the 1st, but that would be nearly impossible to top.

Yeah, personally I think the PT woulda been better off had they created their own droids to be central to them like the ST did with BB-8. Ofcourse in the ST you kinda need to have 3PO and R2 or else people would wonder where they are. Obviously in terms of going on missions R2 would fill the same purpose as BB and BB is this trilogies astro droid and awesome in his own right. 3PO is kinda just window dressing in 7 and 8 but does have a pretty central role to the newest movie. Even R2 in his limited time though gets important moments in TFA and TLJ.

Sabine or I'm out!

Now that we've got the Darksaber are we closer to seeing Sabine? Or will Ezra play into this with baby Yoda? I'm torn. On the one hand I'd love to see those characters again and on the other I don't love clumsy fan-service (cough). And really, as much as I may want to see them again and maybe Dave Filoni does too, this is Mando's story, not theirs.

Also, just rewatched the intro to Chapter 8 with the Scout Troopers. I love the target practice bit. I read a review - or did someone say it here? - that understood it as a joke on what lousy shots Stormtroopers are. I actually interpreted it as a demonstration of how clumsy and random blasters can be (look at the kickback they get) and I like that you can interpret that moment both ways.

Just popping in here to say that I will soon be watching this series. I will also be watching Rebels, which is another series I've not seen yet, as part of an entire Star Wars movie and TV marathon. Why? Well, you can probably guess why. Let's just say that I've heard things "work."

Can't wait! I'm very excited!

I will soon be eating breakfast. Thought you all should know that.

Oh no, dude. You don't understand. This a big freaking deal. My opinion is gold! Platinum, even. I just thought I'd do you all a favor and prepare you for the coming awesomeness that is my assessment (it'll probably be one one, but an amazing one line).

• 2 weeks later...

Sabine or I'm out!

Now that we've got the Darksaber are we closer to seeing Sabine? Or will Ezra play into this with baby Yoda? I'm torn. On the one hand I'd love to see those characters again and on the other I don't love clumsy fan-service (cough). And really, as much as I may want to see them again and maybe Dave Filoni does too, this is Mando's story, not theirs.

Bo-Katan seems likliest.

It seems like Gideon was the Imperial governor that was in charge of occupying Mandalore, right? If that's the case, taking possession of the Darksaber makes sense.

The show doesn't even have to get into it too deeply, somebody could simply say "The Darksaber unites Mandalorians, through history, whomever wields it, leads."

I think the saber is being dangled here to make OUR Mando go from loner bounty hunter to the guy that rallies all the clans back to Mandalore.

Am I the only one who wasn't too much of a fan of the Dark Saber concept? I never really understood the need to give the leader of the Mandalorians a Dark (light)saber. They were supposed to be Jedi killers at one point in the EU. Basically, I saw the Mandalorians as the Star Wars equivalent to Klingons, who trained to be warriors that could stand toe-to-toe with Jedi.

I could see that. I mean, you're right that they're more likely to use a supporting character from Rebels, but if this Gideon guy has the Darksaber, that should mean that Bo-Katan is dead.

It would make sense to me Bo-Katan is dead, too, but I guess the door technically open to her having lost it in battle, and escaped. But explaining why she let the Dark Saber fall out of her hands and still lives would be problematic.

It seems like Gideon was the Imperial governor that was in charge of occupying Mandalore, right? If that's the case, taking possession of the Darksaber makes sense.

The show doesn't even have to get into it too deeply, somebody could simply say "The Darksaber unites Mandalorians, through history, whomever wields it, leads."

I think the saber is being dangled here to make OUR Mando go from loner bounty hunter to the guy that rallies all the clans back to Mandalore.

I agree. It may be the Mandalorian himself becoming the new Mandalore, or he is the one who helps whomever becomes the new Mandalore take power. I hope it is the former, because the latter was already done in Rebels, basically.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.