So....The Mandalorian

Filthy Jawa

Dave Filoni directed The Clone Wars movie. The only movie rated worse than TPM. He has written and directed most of the animated series. The strong point of those is the storytelling over a period of time. So I have no problem giving him a trilogy to helm. Direct? No. But he can set the stage for future projects.

It's really misleading to even call that a movie. They basically re-packaged the three episode pilot arc as a film, it was never meant to be screened in that way.

Filoni has a habit of doing stand-alone episodes in the first season of his shows before he really starts exploring the deeper narratives. He did the same thing in Clone Wars and Rebels. Clone Wars was a real mess in the first season, it did a lot of adventure-of-the-week episodes with some really cringey humor. But it got real deep and then really dark very quickly. Rebels sort of did the same thing, but you could tell he'd learned his lessons the first time around.

I liked what he did in his episodes of Mandalorian. You can tell it was a first time live action director, but I think it's safe to say he's well on his way.

A lot of that S1 CW stuff was because Lucas would come in randomly with episode ideas, and whether they fit into continuity or not, they had to do them.

Two I think. The one thing I didn't like was the Twilek. I don't know if it's because she's the first bad female Twilek we've seen (I think), it because it was badly acted.

During the episode I told my husband she's basically the Harley Quinn of Star Wars. Another character I find annoying.

I couldn't get out of my head that she was coming off like Bellatrix from Harry Potter. Like, intentionally haphazard and a little crazy.

Well, the actress played Tonks in Harry Potter so I wouldn't be shocked if I was close to spot on!

I really enjoyed the episode. I didn't even mind the visuals. But, yeah, I didn't like the Twilek...honestly the whole team felt a little cookie cutter and Bill Burr was playing Bill Burr.
Bill Burr playing Jason Statham?

HA! I literally called them "Twi'lek Harley Quinn", "Budget Jason Statham", and "Hellboy 3.0". The trope-iness of that entire episode was rather eye-rolling to me.

Just caught up. The prison break episode was bad.

It's also funny to think that based on Baby Yoda's age and connection to human development, Yoda was the equivalent of a human in his 30s when he died. Maybe Luke won't look that good at 900, but he sure looked better and healthier at 35.

Are you assuming human age to yoda age is x25? I'm betting some math whizes have come up with the real equation to do this. Googling...

baby yoda is 50, right? actual yoda was 900 when he died, and trained jedi for 800 years. gonna be a lot of development between 50 and 100, it seems

I didn't read your second post because it's reddit and reddit is the worst website on the internet

I also haven't watched the show yet

My main point is that making him 50 is ridiculous. 25 would've worked better and been as much of a swerve, especially since Baby Yoda (developmentally roughly the same as an 18 month old human) already has a strong natural ability with the Force. Assuming Yoda had the same ability, he could've been at least helping train younglings from a very young age.

Of course, who knows how yodas develop. He could've been born and then spent 49 years inside some kind of cocoon.

I didn't read your second post because it's reddit and reddit is the worst website on the internet

I thought this was.

We jumped ahead by getting rid of blogs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.