Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So....The Mandalorian

53 replies to this topic

Filthy Jawa

Filthy Jawa

Bring back Mandard!

• 8,662 posts
https://www.slashfil...wars-tv-series/

Gotta keep mining that Boba Fett!
  • Ms. Spam and R.CAllen +1 this

Kyrian

Kyrian

I'm back

• 11,348 posts

I am fully erect right now

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,359 posts
Fett with no Fett.

It worked for Rebels. I'm in.
  • Ryn and El Chalupacabra +1 this

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,177 posts
Nice one disney, don't **** it up.
  • El Chalupacabra +1 this

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,475 posts

Please be a western please be a western please be a western.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,605 posts

Sounds interesting to me, and it initially seems like they are finally producing the "underworld" series of sorts that Lucas talked about doing in the mid 2000s.    Interesting that the "authority" is the New Republic, and not the Empire.  So, maybe the Mandalorian will be more of an antihero, or better yet, a neutral evil character.  

I hope Boba Fett makes some kind of cameo, eventually.  Doesn't even have to be more than once; just something to let us know his fate.   I have always bought into the EU notion he survived the sarlacc pit, but if he didn't, it would be nice to know that, too.  I always liked the EU character Jodo Kast (or the idea of a fake Boba Fett, that the real one faces), so it might be fun to have this new Mandalorian encounter a Jodo Kast-like character who is posing as Fett, who is later revealed to be actually dead, and the new Mandalore character must face him/her.

I have to wonder if they will over write all the Clone Wars and Rebels Mandalore story line, though.  I actually liked it, at least until they brought in Maul, which made it convoluted. 

• Kyrian +1 this

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,403 posts

I have to wonder if they will over write all the Clone Wars and Rebels Mandalore story line, though.  I actually liked it, at least until they brought in Maul, which made it convoluted. 

I think it will reference or remain respectful of those stories, just for the fact that Favreau voiced one of the Mandorlian characters & he has met up with Dave Filoni...I read elsewhere that there are rumours (might be confirmed not sure) that he is directing one of the episodes as well. 

Filthy Jawa

Filthy Jawa

Bring back Mandard!

• 8,662 posts
Yeah, I can't see them retconning their new canon already. Why would they need to? This is set post Rebels (if only by 5-10 years) and deliberately set in the Outer Rim. Clearly a way to avoid any Rebel entanglements.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,359 posts
Sabine or I'm out!
  • Ryn +1 this

Poe Dameron

Poe Dameron

• 2,485 posts

I'm still bitter on behalf of Karen Traviss when it comes to all things Mandalorian.

• Zerimar Nyliram and Kyrian +1 this

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,177 posts

the-mandalorian-700x553.jpg

I mean.. they've nailed the design. Want to watch it based on this still alone. 

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,359 posts
Question is... are Jango and Boba name-checked since normies may not know what a Mandalorian is... or is this Boba Fett’s son?

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,177 posts
The more i think about it, the more excited i am to see a Star Wars story get a TV (net) series, given the calibre of contemporary series. Like true detective or Deadwood treatment but star wars. **** yeah.

The Choc

The Choc

• 8,936 posts

Pretty impressive list of directors it looks like, if reports are true. 

https://www.engadget...sney-streaming/

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,605 posts

Question is... are Jango and Boba name-checked since normies may not know what a Mandalorian is... or is this Boba Fett’s son?

Is Boba technically a Mandalorian, though?  He is a clone of someone assumed to be one, but does that qualify?  I remember all the bios as a kid, and on through to the PT era, Boba was always said to be a "bounty hunter who wears Mandolorian armor," but I don't remember reading anythign that explicitly establishes him as a Mandalorian per se (other than the now defunct EU).  

I suppose it is possible it could be Boba's son, or even Boba himself if he survived, but I have a feeling it may just be a new character. For all we know, this is a female Mandalorian.  

Zerimar Nyliram

Zerimar Nyliram

Dude

• 3,129 posts

Nope. Not doing this one. Hope you all like it, though.

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,177 posts

Pretty impressive list of directors it looks like, if reports are true. 

https://www.engadget...sney-streaming/

Does make me wonder about what kind of tone they will be aiming for. Taika is known for his comedic work, but the Man in the High castle is pretty heavy and high on drama.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,605 posts

the-mandalorian-700x553.jpg

I mean.. they've nailed the design. Want to watch it based on this still alone. 

I don't know if it was intentional, but it just occured to me this looks like the Holiday Special Boba Fett.  Especially that weapon on his back.

hqdefault.jpg

• Ryn +1 this

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,765 posts

That's got to be intentional.

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,177 posts
Fo shiz

Conmi Cusal

Conmi Cusal

• Members
  • 4,207 posts
Hopefully this will make up for the lack of a Kenobi anthology.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,605 posts

Hopefully this will make up for the lack of a Kenobi anthology.

I know technically they were just in the rumor stage and there was no official word on these films to begin with, but do we know for sure the Kenobi and Boba Fett movies were cancelled?   

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,403 posts

The Boba one has been confirmed as canned. The Kenobi one was always heavily rumoured but we never had any confirmation around it so I don't think we'll ever hear anything more about it.

Personally instead of a Kenobi focused movie, I'd rather they do a flashback episode of Mandalorian and have Ewan come back for that. I'm hoping any future SW movies focus on the post-RoTJ galaxy, not another prequel. 

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,605 posts

That's too bad, because I was actually looking forward to a Boba movie, actually.   I know a lot of people think he is an over rated character, but I always dug Boba Fett, and Jango was one of the good things about AOTC. 

But there is room for a possible post-ROTJ Boba Fett appearance in The Mandalorian. Even if there isn't, the titular character's outfit is close enough to Boba, that I guess it doesn't matter.  It's not like Boba Fett as a character was all that fleshed out in the movies, and the old EU is scrapped, anyway.  

That said, if there is no Kenobi movie, or at least a post ROTS/pre ANH movie with Kenobi in it played by Ewan M, then that will be a damn shame, and almost criminal. 

• Kyrian +1 this

Kyrian

Kyrian

I'm back

• 11,348 posts

So, Pedro Pascal is supposed to be in it, as well as Gina Carano. I'm happy about the last, I've always liked her. Not so sure about Pedro, but that's more because I've only really seen him in Game of Thrones and one other movie. I'm looking forward to finding out more.

Reply to this topic