Dark Phoenix

Iceheart

Batman has nine, X-Men has twelve.

I assume that counts Deadpool, which I personally wouldn't.

I count 11 Batman films. 1. Batman (Adam West). 2. Batman (1989). 3. Batman Returns. 4. Mask of the Phantasm. 5. Batman Forever. 6. Batman and Robin. 7. Batman Begins. 8. The Dark Knight. 9. The Dark Knight Rises. 10. Batman v. Superman. 11. Justice League.

So they're pretty much pacing each other at the moment.

I wouldn't count the Adam West one as it's hardly in the same boat as any of the modern ones.

And why would you not count Deadpool when he has been on multiple X-Teams, not to mention the fact that both of the films feature multiple X-Men characters in them?

It's pretty awesome how ridiculous your decrees are just so you can say I'm wrong.

I wouldn't count the Adam West one as it's hardly in the same boat as any of the modern ones.

And why would you not count Deadpool when he has been on multiple X-Teams, not to mention the fact that both of the films feature multiple X-Men characters in them?

It's pretty awesome how ridiculous your decrees are getting just so you can say I'm wrong.

Deadpool pretty much goes all around the Marvel universe doing team-ups these days, so I think of him as a free agent with ties to the X-Men instead of an X-Men character. They could have just as easily had him bothering Spider-Man if Fox had those rights instead.

It's pretty awesome how ridiculous your decrees are just so you can say I'm wrong.

I compulsively fact check, it's what I do. You're not alone in that.

Colossus is in both Deadpool moves. Lesser known mutants from X-Men comics are in both Deadpool movies. Cable is in Deadpool 2. Domino is in Deadpool 2. Lesser X-Force characters are in Deadpool 2. The blackbird and X-mansion are in both films. The entire First Class/DOFP/Apocalypse/Dark Phoenix cast has a cameo in Deadpool 2. Fox has stated Deadpool is part of the X-Men film universe. Ask their book keeping department, they will tell you Deadpool counts. After Dark Phoenix and New Mutants come and go, they are replacing Wolverine at the center of the X-verse with Deadpool and making X-Force movies.

There is literally ZERO facts, evidence, or even rumors that say anything other than that the Deadpool movies are part of the X-Men film franchise.

You are wrong.

Can you just for once, this ONE time... acknowledge that you are just wrong?

Guest El Chalupacabra

Batman has nine, X-Men has twelve.

Ten, if you count the most awesome one of all, Batman 1966. You can't not count it.

But I agree, Deadpool counts.

I love the Adam West movie. I'd even say Adam West is the first Batman I really got into as a kid.

But if we're talking about modern movies... I fon't know... that said, there was 23 years between it and Burton's film, and more than that has passed between Burton's and BvS, so I'll allow it.

But Deadpool counts and the X-men continuity (though very clumsy and flawed) is technically the same thanks to alt timelines.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Isn't that the Adam West movie referenced above?

Yeah, but it's so awesome, it needs to be mentioned again.

I love the Adam West movie. I'd even say Adam West is the first Batman I really got into as a kid.

But if we're talking about modern movies... I fon't know... that said, there was 23 years between it and Burton's film, and more than that has passed between Burton's and BvS, so I'll allow it.

But Deadpool counts and the X-men continuity (though very clumsy and flawed) is technically the same thanks to alt timelines.

I know it's hard to tell, but I was kidding about Batman 1966.

As for Deadpool counting in a clumsy and flawed way, that basically can be said about all the x-films. Continuity is not their strong suit, unless you want to look at it like the Terminator franchise where there are multiple timelines, multiple writers, and the only real consistency is Hugh Jackman. Like a Godzilla film, it works best to take each movie one at a time, and only realize there are others out there, but don't think too hard about continuity. But you essentially said as much above.

Slightly off topic question here: I know this film is a Fox film, but since Disney now owns Fox, are the X-films now part of the MCU or are they still separate?

DOFP and DP2 pretty much confirm there are alt timelines. They made it clear by giving Wolverine two distinct futures (three if you count the altered DOFP future.

It was played as a joke, but In DP2, Deadpool said he was "fixing the timelines" which included him killing the "Deadpool" from Wolverine origins.

As for the Fox/Disney deal-- it's super complex and will take years to work out. But people are saying that Cable's wristwatch time machine is pretty much the same style that spy photos from The Infinity War follow up have spotted on Stark and Cap.

Very well. I was trying to walk away since you seemed upset. You've been looking for reasons to go off on me recently and I didn't feel like pushing things. I didn't go into this thread looking for conflict and thought adding up the Batman movies was a pretty safe thing to do.

Deadpool remains not an X-Men character. He is indeed in the same universe and X-Men characters appear in his movies, but that does not make it an X-Men movie, particularly the first one which basically had Colossus on loan and not much else. If the Fantastic Four had shared the same universe and had X-Men characters within it, we would still call it a Fantastic Four movie and not an X-Men movie.

To use the opposite example, I did not include Suicide Squad as a Batman movie despite them being in the same universe, having an appearance from Batman, and having its top-billed stars as Batman characters (plus a third supporting character). Sorry Will Smith, it's true. If the Deadpool movies count, then Suicide Squad would as well. I don't think it should though.

Now go ahead and blow up about how unyielding I am like you wanted to four days ago.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.