Captain Marvel smile discussion

Iceheart

There's also a fact that you keep ignoring that a lot of women find it demeaning to be told that they need to smile more. It's been well documented, and for someone who is active on the internet, it would take a willful ignorance to not know it.

Whether it was originally intended to be sexist or not, none of us can say. Obviously Ms. Larson found it insulting in a way that was different than normal critiques. Being a celebrity doesn't mean that she doesn't have a right to be offended, and it doesn't mean that the other women who were offended don't have a right to be.

You're also protesting a lot that you're not sexist, which is fine, but literally nobody here is saying that you are. At the risk of being cruel, I don't know that many people here care enough about your opinions to be upset even if you were the most sexist person in the world. Mainly because you have a total lack of humility or ability to comprehend that you may be wrong or even that people may have different opinions. You're the kid in school who corrects everything and everyone. We'd like you to join us at the proverbial lunch table, but you have to stop being a jerk all the time. And I know this won't get through to you, because of the reasons stated above, but come on man. You have chased off people who have been here for close to two decades. Think about that for a second. You're not a victim, you're not misunderstood, you're a jerk and people would rather give up something that's been a part of their life for that long than have to deal with you.

It's funny, Im fairly nerdy. After all i post on nightly. And this is the only place I heard of this issue with her smiling. It's the only place I heard of that fan film being discussed in the other thread. I feel like these issues and complains are much smaller than some people are making them out to be.

You're also protesting a lot that you're not sexist, which is fine, but literally nobody here is saying that you are.

I wasn't saying it out loud because I didn't need the added drama and stress, but now that he's gone, I will - he's sexist. And not (just) because he's siding with blatant sexists, but because I'm the only woman in this thread about a women's issue, I'm drawing my observations and arguments from both practical experience and my college studies, and he still insisted on mansplaining to me why I am wrong at every turn. That's definitely sexist behavior. So, yeah, he's sexist.

I'm thrilled Poe can't see this, but I sure hope Robin does, because it would be a shame to truly lose him.

I'm drawing my observations and arguments from both practical experience and my college studies, and he still insisted on mansplaining to me why I am wrong at every turn. That's definitely sexist behavior. So, yeah, he's sexist.

I do have to ask, is it sexist if you treat everyone the same way?

Ha, not a bad point!

I'd say he's a sexist in this particular discussion considering the topic, the talking points, and the participants. He's pairing that with being a toxic fan, which he also is in the SW fan video thread, and other discussions in the pop culture categories. And he's a "Deplorable" (not in the TRUMP FOREVER way, but in the CONSERVATIVE ONLY AND FOREVER NO COMPROMISE AND NO OTHER WAY TO THINK way) in the Lyceum.

But mostly he's just an ***hole troll who, much like Fox News, likes to tout how "Fair and Balanced" he is when he's clearly, demonstrably not.

... but I sure hope Robin does, because it would be a shame to truly lose him.

Robin (THT) here. I can see it and reply, just not with that account. I randomized the email and password on that account to stop myself from replying further while in the heat of the moment.

... but I sure hope Robin does, because it would be a shame to truly lose him.

Robin (THT) here. I can see it and reply, just not with that account. I randomized the email and password on that account to stop myself from replying further while in the heat of the moment.

That can be fixed, if you want.

Bring back Zambingo

Okay. :-)

Actually, I thought I had also randomized this account back when I randomized THT in 2015 because of... various issues... But anyway, it seems my self-banning method was just for THT and now Robin. I either subconsciously left access thru Spider-Man and zambingo or more likely I just could not remember how many damn aliases I have here.

Fozzie, as for the Robin account... just leave it be. I probably could have left well enough alone and not prodded the bear, as they say, but water under the bridge... I guess. Anyway, a good reminder for me to take the Beatles advice and just Let it Be.

• 2 weeks later...

She's one of those actors who has been in a bunch of things and you don't realize it until you see the movie again years later. Scott Pilgrim, 21 Jumpstreet, King Kong, Spectacular Now. I always forget too she was the daughter in United States of Tara.

She basically got big after Room.

For the prospective Brie fan, Short Term 12 is worth seeking out, too. Plus it has a young Rami Malek as a dork in a tie!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.