Loki & Scarlet Witch coming to TV (or, er, Disney's upcoming streaming service)

Iceheart

And now we know that Poe read Midnight Sun and also possibly Grey.

I've read the Twilight series, but not 50 Shades of Grey. I know I skimmed Midnight Sun at some point, but don't think I ever read it.

Meyer and James may not have invented or even re-invented the wheel, but good luck getting anyone to think of any example other than theirs.

Except you, obviously. You're an exception to the rule.

I think more comparisons would be made to Wicked actually since we're talking about a misunderstood villain. Maybe even Maleficent.

Either way, if Pixar can remake Herman's Head into the best animated movie of this century, then the MCU can weather comparisons to an aging fad.

Would Loki even be considered a villain at this point? He's been more of an anti-hero since The Dark World... although, that could be me reacting to Tom Hiddleston being super charismatic.

So, it's like reverse-Grey (wherein the "dashingly romantic" Christian Grey is revealed to be a grade-A scary-creepy douche, but then *I* wasn't surprised by that revelation) ;)

So, it's like reverse-Grey

Again, I've not read Grey at all, so I have no clue. I'd forgotten it existed until this thread. For that matter, Midnight Sun was never actually released, right? I don't think it's all that famous. For that matter, I don't think Grey is all that well-known outside of the immediate community.

I really don't see the overlap. Alternate POV is a fairly well-known practice and my Loki idea has him going off on his own solo adventure and really wouldn't be close to the same movie in tone, style, structure, or plot, unlike examples which are telling the exact same story of two people falling in love. I don't believe the fan bases overlap enough that it would be a common joke. And even if it were, it would be in more of a teasing way from people who would go see the movies anyway.

Would Loki even be considered a villain at this point?

No, but he's not trusted either. ShadowDog says that this leaves him with no possibilities for an interesting story. I actually thought the idea of an untrusted Loki being faithful to his brother has potential to be the most interesting Loki story we've had yet. Even enough to serve as a basis for finally giving him his own film.

Tumblr would go crazy, and create a bunch of memes about sparkling Loki or BDSM Loki, but most of the world wouldn't care about it or know about it

Imagine if a Loki movie along these lines actually was shot down by studio execs based on fear that people would mistake it for Grey. They would be so mocked!

You really think I was being serious and saying that your idea would never work? Because I was trying to joke around with you, dude.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.