AntiFa

Marc DuQuesne

For supposed anti-fascists, they act a lot like Hilter's brown shirts. They should study history and see what happened to the SA in the end. They only use you till they don't need you anymore.

All the people I see out fighting the wrongs of the last century are breeding the genocides of this one through their own hate. They drag down statues (and people) that offend them , just like the Nazi's burned books (and people) that offended them.

What would MLK do? Beat them with a stick? This is the wrong movement. It should be condemned, by all, for what it is.

It isn't being ignored though, it's being half-ass supported. They are automatically better than a white supremacist, even if the white supremacist didn't commit one act of violence. I have condemned white supremacy, everybody that counts (including our President, no matter how much the lefty lunatics say otherwise) has. But they still have the right to peacefully assemble, and we are supposed to fight for that whether we agree with them or not. Let them gather in their dozens. Mock them mercilessly for their stupidity. That is the right you have, not to physically attack them and attempt to deny their own rights.

I don't have a problem with neo nazis getting the bash from some other idiot.

I do have a problem with Antifa wrongfully accusing artists and musicians as fascist groups and getting their shows shut down however. I also have a problem with antifa for generally labeling other individuals and groups as fascist, which is something they get wrong all the time.

I don't have a problem with neo nazis getting the bash from some other idiot.

That is what I am talking about. Are you saying that the neo nazis should be denied the right to peacefully assemble? Do you think the other idiot should be charged with assault? There is a dangerous trend happening these days. Maybe it has something to do with all the glorified vigilantes in entertainment these days. The new Punisher series, while fairly entertaining, isn't really suitable for any audience as far as I'm concerned.

If you don't think neo nazis should have the right to peacefully assemble, without a bunch of thugs assaulting them, you just earned yourself a backwards Swastika. I have no problem with someone mouthing off in the wrong place and getting popped for it, it is different when you go looking for the conflict. The person that shows up with violent intent is in the wrong. There is no excuse when you go looking for them.

I see lots of dangers far more pressing than the powerless white supremacists. God (if there is one) help you all if I ever showed the disregard for law that these fucks are cheered on for. I have thought the world would be a better place without 75% of the people I have met. Don't open the box.

On this topic, it's important to note that Odine is English, and most of Europe has a very different view of freedom of speech, and especially of Nazis, that the US.

They (neo nazis) have the right to assemble. And anyone has a right to violently react to them...or more accurately: neo nazis have NO right to control the reaction to them, and it shouldn't come as any surprise that reaction could be as visceral as actual violence. But of course any violence dished out could (and should) be charged as assault. But I don't have an ethical problem with violence against nazis. Though I understand law must also be enforced.

I do have a problem with violence acted out to people wrongfully accused of nazism.

Nazism is an ideology predicated on violence to enforce will. Neo nazi groups are well accustomed to violence as it is a core component of Nazi philosophy, there is no escaping that. And it doesn't matter how clean the PR machine can make said groups look. When you operate or belong to a group that acts like this, that rejects many aspects of current society and law, it is beyond hypocritical to expect protections from the same system you are at direct odds with and are directly trying to undermine.

In essence, some Nazi gets the shit kicked out of him? Fine. It's to be expected. They know it, they accept it. Shed no tears.

Someone wrongfully accused of being a Nazi gets the shit kicked out of them? Bad. They didn't have it coming.

Obviously it's a slippery slope and my view isn't exactly practical.

I'm not endorsing Antifa in any way. In fact I think they do far more harm than good. And working out if someone is a real Nazi or not is a difficult thing, certainly a lot more difficult than simply doing an online "background" check on a band or individual, as per the Antifa norm.

I understand that, which is why I give all measurements (when needed) to him in metric. I don't put any more stock in European morality than I would have when Hitler and Mussolini were gettin' it on.

You think American morality is any better? Your're kidding yourself.

I understand that, which is why I give all measurements (when needed) to him in metric. I don't put any more stock in European morality than I would have when Hitler and Mussolini were gettin' it on.

Considering we were fighting him for three years before you guys decided to join in, you can shut the **** up, especially since we got involved to stop the aggression and it took a German ally attacking you to get off your isolationist high horse.

You think American morality is any better? Your're kidding yourself.

Of course not. That's why I keep harping on respect for the law. We aren't a nation of morals, and it's a good thing.

Considering we were fighting him for three years before you guys decided to join in, you can shut the **** up, especially since we got involved to stop the aggression and it took a German ally attacking you to get off your isolationist high horse.

One of my grandfathers, a second generation German-American, joined the army in 1938 because he felt a duty to stop what was happening. My other grandfather joined the Navy in 1940.

We weren't sitting on our asses, where do you think you were getting the materials to fight them from? Lots of the calculating folks didn't wan't America to declare war, the supplies we were sending were worth more than men. Make the Germans think twice about sinking it in transit.

You don't know what you are talking about, or who you are talking to. I'll not STFU.

You don't know what you are talking about, or who you are talking to. I'll not STFU.

You're missing the point. You don't get to preach about screwy European morality during World War 2 to the British when we were the one country in Europe that managed to hold Germany back during that period. Especially since a lot of us British pride ourselves on telling everyone that we're not bloody Europeans.

ANY movement based on an ideology is at danger of being easily corrupted.

American Nazis have the right to assemble and protest currently, but given that their message is genocide and hate they don't get to be babies when counter protesters feel strongly enough about protesting their bull**** to get violent.

We fought an entire World War to make it clear that genocide was wrong. If you're preaching it, you should be ready to get punched in the face, which really is getting off easy since you deserve so much worse.

Richard Spencer is very committed to this idea of punched in the face.

Fringe groups like AntiFa are the reason we have the president we have now. I mean give a small enough minority a loud enough platform and stuff happens. White emasculated people who are fearing for their way of life voted in bloc to get Trump his electoral college win.

All the great atrocities I can think of in history started with some people deciding they were morally superior to some other people and could beat on them with a stick. Then, since they aren't actually real people anyway, they end up enslaved or slaughtered, their property seized.

Once you start deciding to discard other people's rights you are the problem.The problem isn't the ideology itself, it's the inability to allow other people to do their own thing and live their own lives however fucked up they choose. I argue with lots of people in my life that have some pretty messed up beliefs IMO, then we move the fuck on. Hopefully with them still respecting me enough to consider the arguments I made, because I didn't resort to physical attacks to try to force their compliance or snuff them out.

Not anything to do with Antifa but kind of interesting is that people who live along the border in the US are seeing their passport requests being denied by the Trump administration. Some people think this is some kind of profiling and are starting to get upset.

How police do their jobs is important and reaching out to communities is more important than ostracizing them. But how do you build trust when one bad seed screws up the way you are perceived?

There is that Dallas cop that was just given 15 years for shooting some unarmed teenagers when breaking up a house party. Some people are calling for more in the Dallas area.

To draw this in to some kind of point - Why can't we all get along? I can see where Antifa anger might boil over. I mean I haven't walked a mile in your shoes or a lady who lives in Ferguson MO.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.