2018 Mid-term elections!

Ms. Spam

There are lot's of conservatives calling Trump out for his **** on a regular basis. Some of them are even winning elections. What's happening on the other side? The democrats have declared all opposition mortal enemies, even in their own party. They are going to burn this mother****er down or die trying.

I really would like to predict that my fellow citizens are going to wake up in the next couple months and get rid of these parasites. A big ass Red Wave. Watching the last few elections gives me no hope at all. Even when they avoided the catastrophe of Hillary they stuck us with the obstacle of Trump.

You understand that the GOP is just as looney.

Actually, no. I've found no evidence that the GOP is just as looney. Republicans shun Cruz and before him DeMint, and they never behaved 1/10 as poorly as Democrats did en masse the last few days.

I forget, you don't live in Texas.

Wut? I haven't heard anything about Obama claiming this. If anything Trump's been riding on Obama's policies because he literally doesn't do anything but bleat about how he's the greatest guy ever and cut regulations that are actually helpful and start a tariff war that will end up costing money. Obama's been under the radar doing stuff to help inner city kids. His friend Ron Emmanuel isn't even going to run for Chicago mayor.

The Republican party is lead by an administration that believes Infowars is a legitimate news organization. That's pretty damn looney.

I said the Republican Congressional delegation for a reason.

I forget, you don't live in Texas.

If Cruz is doing anything to embarrass himself on the level of what I saw this week, it'll make it out of Texas.

The whole Obamacare thing was an easy way for Republicans to ensure that their base would hate it and ignore any benefits or offered to them. And it worked miraculously. I talk to people 1-2 times a week who would benefit greatly from an ACA plan, but they refuse because they don't trust Obama.

I work in insurance regulation, so I'm not talking random conversations, I'm talking calls where people want some type of government assistance with paying for health insurance, because they're low income but don't qualify for Medicaid. And they would likely get extremely low cost health insurance through an ACA plan. I've seen premiums as low as $2.84 a month for a family.

My premiums are freaky high. I do the middle tier where you have to stay in network. My co-pays and deductibles are not great. Health insurance sucks. I'd rather spend the money every month on fun things. They take about 400$ out for medical, dental and vision from my paycheck.

• 2 weeks later...

It's Cruz's face. Something about his face...he looked like a well oiled albino reptile.

I thought Beto going tieless was a good choice. Cruz doesn't visit with his constituents but I've actually met Beto now twice. Cruz tried to say something nice about him and called Bernie-like.

I dunno if Cruz is actually, truly ignoring his constituents. Maybe he set a time and his constituents just feel like they are being blown off or whatever. If so, Cruz maybe has a miscommunication failure on the part of his availablity.

That said, now generally speaking...

Any public servant of the US, Red or Blue or Green or Whig etc, that does ignore their constituents should be publicly, peacefully, jeered at every possible moment. We are not a monarchy. But what if family is there? We are not a monarchy, be peaceful, but make your voice heard.

The arguments for there is a time and a place, the arguments for how to appropriately conduct your protest (now remember, kids, do not kneel) are all misguided, fueled by perceptions of etiquette and concerns which play right into an oppressing authoritys hands.

This is America, if youre not listening to your constituents then the time to get your attention about that is every moment of every day.

Seriously, I think Cruz is probably the most misunderstood guy in politics.

He wants to defund Planned Parenthood.

He's pro Death Penalty.

He wants to eliminate the department of Education.

His position on the removal on Confederate monuments from government buildings betrays a very basic misunderstanding of the difference between preserving history and a federal institution standing behind an icon of racism.

He's anti gun control rights of any kind, said he'd filibuster even a conversation about it.

He opposes DACA.

He's against net neutrality.

His superPAK contributors are frackers, off-shore drillers, and NRA'ers.

And the big ones for me: he says homosexuality is a choice, climate change isn't real, and is anti-abortion.

That helps me understand him just fine, and if I were a Texan (HA!) I wouldn't vote for him in a thousand years.

The ONLY thing on his platform I'd get behind is that he is surprisingly for the flat-tax idea... but I'll be the first to admit I'm numbers-stupid enough that I may not see why it's a terrible idea.

This is why I like Loyd Doggett. He's our Texas Rep in the Texas Legislature. When gay marriage was in the news I actually went with a group of citizens to a meeting at his office to talk about this and advocate for making it legal. I have also met a few others that came to our school but their names escape me. The Castro twins were also out campaigning when they were local runners and I've met them a couple of times about ordinances.

Any public servant of the US, Red or Blue or Green or Whig etc, that does ignore their constituents should be publicly, peacefully, jeered at every possible moment. We are not a monarchy. But what if family is there? We are not a monarchy, be peaceful, but make your voice heard.

Ah, no. Those people should have been summarily arrested en mass, charged with trespassing, and Cruz should have been able to enjoy his meal in peace. There's no excuse for harassment and illegal behavior.

I don't know why we allow and encourage illegality to exist under the guise of protest. It's coarsening to the debate.

That helps me understand him just fine

At least those are policy issues. Not agreeing and not voting for him is fine. I've got more an issue with people who deliberately distort the kind of person he is. Specifically, I think he has a very firm ideological viewpoint and does his best to set his goals by them, but he's portrayed as an opportunist and a charlatan. Like him or hate, him, I think he's one of the more genuine people in the chamber, not that this is saying much.

I understand the limitations on our ability to peaceably assemble, hence my specific and repeated use of the word peaceful and its variation. I spoke generally, clearly noted as such, because I dont know a lot of things in regards to that specific instance. Including but not limited to; whether Cruz was ignoring his constituents or whether the protesters were told to leave the restaurant and refused. Plus specifics in regards to private business, public spaces, assembly fueled by breaking news.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.