2018 Mid-term elections!

Ms. Spam

Blue Turd. Democrats will vastly under-perform for the expectations set (pick a few seats up in the House, loose a few in the Senate) then immediately blame Russia, racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, maybe even arachnophobia. You can count on the Democrats to blame the voter. Has nothing to do with their message.

Damn straight, Met. Local is where it happens! Hope your wife gets her wish! HA! (Our board cut back on things like attendance secretaries and librarians but didn't cut their salaries so basically no ones reporting attendance which we need for money for the school and the library is a mad house).

FL and GA are possibly going to have their first black governors.

I doubt Andrew Gillum had a real shot at beating Desantis. He was a long shot for the Democratic primary, but hey he won. He's a progressive. The only thing I've seen him talk about that I agree with is that state money should go to public schools and not charter schools. Plus he's already in my shit list. His campaign kept spam texting me. How they got my number is a mystery, but this is a closed primary state! I'm a registered Republican. I couldn't vote for him if I wanted to. Now that you've blown up my phone there is no way I'm voting for you now.

We'll see. I tend to think Gillum has a decent chance since he's shiny and new and Florida's primary is ridiculously close to the election. Though he's not doing himself any favors by joining into a manufactured racial controversy. He could have benefited from that just by staying out of it and letting his opponent get off message for a news cycle instead of making himself out to be as cynical as every other politician out there.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Predictions!?

Talk?

75% democratic win?

Kirsten Sinema VS Martha McSally: One way or another, AZ will see its first elected female senator. I actually like both. More accurately, I like Sinema on a personal level, and I respect McSally's military service. But I don't particularly agree with either on much. I think it may be close, but McSally will likely win, especially if she gets the McCain family to stump for her.

Somewhat related, there are rumors that Gov Ducey will appoint Cindy McCain to her husband's seat. If true, we may see 2 sitting female senators for AZ.

Last poll out has Beto O'Rourke and Ted "the slime" Cruz neck and neck! Beto hasn't taken one single dollar from a PAC and has hit every single county in Texas to talk to the people he wants to represent. Cruz can't even organize a town hall to meet with his constituents. No politician is perfect but I am voting for Beto and a lesbian sheriff come this fall (Greg Abbott sucks).

In Texas it's kind of weird. That's why I throw that out there. Lupe Valdez won her primary but currently Abbott is at 48% and Lupe has 28% in the polls so Lupe's pretty much a lost cause and I am going to get Greg Abbott as my governor but this year I'm voting straight party ticket Blue and making some choices on some bonds and other local nonsense (my city is thinking about adding an ordinance to have paid sick leave required for employees). Lupe was Sheriff in Dallas County for 12 years and she served in the military in the Army (left a Captain). I think she'd be a great choice for a state that has a ton of military installations from Del Rio where Air Force pilots learn to fly, the huge training medical complex in San Antonio, Ft Bliss and others to name a few.

Oddly I like Will Hurd and he's GOP.

Yeah, the press has been trying to make O'Rourke, a low-level lefty, a thing for most of the year. Latest on him is that he once tried to flee the scene of an accident where he was drunk. Something that could easily have been spotted previously because it was in the police report, but apparently news organizations were too busy writing investigative stories about Kavanaugh's paying for baseball tickets. Good work professional reporters.

Not taking PAC money is really just virtue signalling at this point. Hardly a reason to vote for someone.

I just get endless pictures of Beto cross dressing for something. Texas is so bizarre. I mean yesterday I saw a billboard advocating I vote GOP to keep California out of Texas. As for not taking PAC money I find it compelling. He's neck and neck with Ted the Texas Canandian and it's all little people donations that's helped pay for his campaign. There's a lot of smaller state types that wish they could do what Beto did and survive on that.

As for not taking PAC money I find it compelling. He's neck and neck with Ted the Texas Canandian and it's all little people donations that's helped pay for his campaign. There's a lot of smaller state types that wish they could do what Beto did and survive on that.

He's surviving because of fawning national press coverage from folks who have spent the year wishing a competitor for Cruz into being. Press coverage is worth much, much more than donations. Look at how Trump swamped out an entire field of better-funded candidates, and that was with universally negative coverage.

It's not really anything he's done or said. He's just been the recipient of a donation from the fourth estate beyond the value of a campaign donation. How that's different from a PAC, I'm not sure.

You have to feed that fawning relationship with the press somehow. I actually went to a Beers for Beto event but he had my vote without asking for it because of my raw hate for Ted "Trump Called My Family a Name So I Sucked Up to Him" Cruz. Hell, fellow members of Congress don't even like his slime trails and have the carpets cleaned after he leaves their offices.

You have to feed that fawning relationship with the press somehow.

I have no idea what that means.

Ted "Trump Called My Family a Name So I Sucked Up to Him" Cruz.

Does Cruz suck up to Trump? Not really. He maintains an arm's length relationship with the guy and it's pretty obvious he doesn't like him. Recall that Cruz didn't even endorse Trump until like a month before the election and delivered a non-endorsement speech a the convention.

You don't respect Cruz, but I see him as a true believer that got steamrolled and had to accept the reality of his situation. He's not unlike me. I don't like Trump, but that doesn't mean that I automatically hate everything he's doing in office or am going to attack the policies that are being enacted that I care about. So where he's left is just dealing with the reality of the situation.

As for other senators not liking him. The Republican Senate is kinda ridiculous about anyone who actually believes the stuff they run on. If Cruz were a Democrat, he'd be in leadership.

In any case, you were never going to vote for Cruz.

Watching the Democrats this week, I retract my statement on Cruz. If he were a Democrat he'd be considered a moderate.

Hard to see the Republican Congressional delegation as anything but the closest thing we have to sanity in our system at this point. Trump has completely exposed Democrats' and the media's loony impulses. These guys aren't any more fit to be in charge than Trump.

You understand that the GOP is just as looney. Let me find the clip of a Texas Congressman doing his auction schtick to drown out a protester during the Kavanaugh hearings yesterday. Some of the ads from the Cruz campaign here on Texas are outright lies and fear mongering.

You understand that the GOP is just as looney. Let me find the clip of a Texas Congressman doing his auction schtick to drown out a protester during the Kavanaugh hearings yesterday. Some of the ads from the Cruz campaign here on Texas are outright lies and fear mongering.

It was the Twitter hearing. The congressman was from Missouri. The activist was conservative. It was awesome.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.