Episode 9 run time

Guest El Chalupacabra

So...... Do you like..... stuff?

Stuff is ridiculous. Stuff isn't even as good as things. Things earned $400 trilbazilliondy and stuff only earned $398 trilbazilliondy. If you like stuff you're even dumber than I thought.

To bring this back to some kind of relevance, there is no way JJ even knows how long the movie will be. He doesn't know how it will all come together once it's shot. Just because the movie has a long script, and we don't know beyond rumors if that's even true, doesn't mean it will be a long movie.

• 2 weeks later...

To bring this back to some kind of relevance, there is no way JJ even knows how long the movie will be. He doesn't know how it will all come together once it's shot. Just because the movie has a long script, and we don't know beyond rumors if that's even true, doesn't mean it will be a long movie.

Scripts put into production are timed out by the line producer and AD. The entire production schedule is based around pages shot per day, which is also a key part of the budget. They generally know how long the movie will be before they start shooting. Things change, and witch action sequences the exact timing is hard to say, and changes always happen in the edit... but they will know the difference between a 2 hour and 3 hour movie.

All that said, there has yet to be a Star Wars film that wasn't around 2-2.5 hours long and there is ZERO actual evidence this will be any different.

Tank, I agree. I get that they know if the movie will be 90 minutes or 3 hours. What I was saying is basically what you are saying. All these movies have reshoots and have deleted scenes which add or subtract from what was originally intended in the screenplay. They know if the movie is 2 hours or 3 hours, they probably don;t know if it ends up 2:20 or 2:40 though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.