Tank's shameless self promotion thread... (Hell Fest... and more!)

Tank

Ha!!

So we're doing so-so. Low Friday take, forecasting is predicting us not making the budget back or breaking even at best.

Mainstream reviews are mixed, which is normal for horror films that aren't prestigious. Fan response and horror movie sites reviews are both overwhelmingly positive.

So basically, it's a great a movie that not enough people are going to see... which is the fault of marketing more than anything.

Which is kind of funny, since its every other commercial on E! right now, which means thanks to my grandmas preoccupation with the Kardashians shes well aware of the movie (when I told her I knew the writer she says shes really proud of you, but she prefers to avoid horror flicks because they give her nightmares).

1. There are/were no official plans outside of pipe dreams, it was always wait and see.

2. The fact you think I'm out of the loop and want to drop downer news right in my own thread about my own movie, kind of dick move. You could have framed that in a way that wasn't jerky.

1. There are/were no official plans outside of pipe dreams, it was always wait and see.

2. The fact you think I'm out of the loop and want to drop downer news right in my own thread about my own movie, kind of dick move. You could have framed that in a way that wasn't jerky.

I was joking and wouldn't have said it if not for you mentioning the box office yourself. I'm sorry if you took it differently. You wrote a movie that has been released in thousands of theaters, thats awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest El Chalupacabra

Watched it yesterday. Kind of a mix of retro 1980s horror feel, with kind of a Saw vibe (at least to me, and is the closest I can describe it as)? Sort of reminded me of a 1980s movie I saw a long time ago, but I am forgetting the name. I thought visually the theme park stuff looks pretty cool, and there are a few scare-jump scenes. Does what it advertises, and is a decent Halloween popcorn flick. I think some of the online reviews are a little harsh.

Eh, I'm not too concerned about reviews. The horror outlets are mostly positive, main stream press rarely lines horror unless it's prestige... nerds with blogs are just something I have to tune out. Fan reaction is still mostly positive and we're turning a profit now. It's also exactly what I wanted it to be. We never set out to redefine the genre, just make a genuine slasher film. So I'm pretty happy about it!

On to other things!

If you have Hulu, this Friday my TV show drops all 10 of it's episodes. Light as a Feather is a supernatural teen soap. So if you like stories about teen girls with boy problems who are cursed by a spooky slumber party game, binge it!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.