Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Episode 9 News

588 replies to this topic

The Choc

The Choc

• 9,027 posts

I'll agree that overall this trailer didn't hit me as hard as some of the other ones. 

The Phantom Menace trailer 1: "Every generation has a legend" That was just insane.

The Force Awakens trailer 3: "The Force, it's calling to you, just let it in" That was just so perfect and was not just talking to Rey but talking to us.

The Last Jedi trailer 2: Was just perfection, intense and beautiful.

This one isn't as good as any of them, but the quality of the trailer doesn't have all that much to do with the quality of the trailer. 

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,790 posts
Hey I'm jaded AF, but even I got a little choked up with Carrie's "Always" at the end.

The Choc

The Choc

• 9,027 posts

I actually thinkthe 3PO thing derailed it. Star Wars trailers work great with voice overs, imagery and music. When you kinda stop it to show a scene like that it slows it down. 

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,252 posts
But they gotta make sure you understand that all of the OT heroes gotta die.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,709 posts
Chewie and R2 gonna make it out okay. Maybe Lando too but Im not as convinced about him.

The Choc

The Choc

• 9,027 posts

I don't think 3PO is gonna be gone permanently. I don't think they'd show that otherwise. 

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,252 posts
R2 has been the puppet master behind it all. He's going to Force choke Chewie.

So far in this trilogy R2 might as well be dead.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,790 posts
R2 has come off as a old broken droid in the ST. But if his memory has never been wiped as they say, maybe that’s what happens.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,709 posts

Yeah R2 might as well have not been in the ST at all. The only things I really remember him doing is waking up in TFA and playing Leia's message to Luke. That's all he actually did, isn't it?

• Dark Wader +1 this

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,432 posts

He beeped at Rey in the Falcon during the battle in TLJ but yup, literally it. The fact 3PO gets more screen time is ridiculous 

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,709 posts

Well 3PO was jobbed in the prequels, so I don't mind him getting a little more prominence here, even though Anthony Daniels' voice is a lot higher than it used to be.

Filthy Jawa

Filthy Jawa

Bring back Mandard!

• 8,682 posts
Yeah, they definitely need(ed) to do a little post work on his voice.

The Choc

The Choc

• 9,027 posts

"Rian helped remind me that that's why we are on these movies--not just to do something you've seen before."

"I won't say I felt constrained or limited on VII but I found myself wanting to do something that felt more consistent with the OT than not and on I I found myself feeling I'm just gonna go for it a bit more."

But I thought Abrams was unhappy with Rian Johnson and was going to "course correct" TLJ with Episode IX!

I really hope JJ followed through on what he is saying here. TFA was perfect for what it was so Im not complaining about that. Just saying I would have hated to see JJ play it so safe again or to spend time backtracking on anything from TLJ.

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,352 posts
I don't think JJ saying that negates any possibility of course correction. He was just speaking to the strengths of Rain Johnson I guess

Reply to this topic