Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Episode 9 News

512 replies to this topic

Kyrian

Kyrian

I'm back

• 11,348 posts

I don't get why it's so controversial

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,722 posts
Mainly because there’s a small group of people that is always looking for something to be outraged about. I blocked a couple of people I’ve known for years because they were crazy with that stuff and it was filling my Twitter feed. Any imagined problem was enough.
  • Justus and El Chalupacabra +1 this

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,765 posts

Is it the tweet that was posted here or something else?

Edit: Okay, I see it is that post.  I also see a response from Hamill and people defending him.  What were people claiming here?

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,722 posts

I don't think anything here was claiming too much.  Other than I said that I saw people hating on Twitter hating on Mark Hamill for his innocuous meme.

Filthy Jawa

Filthy Jawa

Bring back Mandard!

• 8,662 posts
They were hating the idea that some people can't let go of the past and keep putting the OT on a pedestal?

It's obviously ridiculous to get upset over, much less take the time to post something nasty to Mark Hamill.
But I do agree with the sentiment that it is sooo not a "missed opportunity". That was then, this is now. I'm sure Hamill does get it that that crew are supporting characters in this trilogy and he just posts things like this for the fans and for a bit of fun (at least I hope that's the case - that interview with his ideas for how Luke's role should have been different in TFA sort of suggests otherwise).
Anyway, no excuse for trolls and haters.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,345 posts

That was then, this is now.

Good Lord this.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,722 posts
Hamill claims it was more because he missed the opportunity to work with his friends, and they'll never have that opportunity again. No reason to distrust that.
  • Jacen123, Kyrian and El Chalupacabra +1 this

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,602 posts

Hamill claims it was more because he missed the opportunity to work with his friends, and they'll never have that opportunity again. No reason to distrust that.

Yeah, and he has been saying that since Carrie Fisher died.  I can understand that because he seems like he was close to the OT main cast members and the fact those movies gave him a career.  GL had told him way back when they were filming the OT that he wanted to do a sequel trilogy 20 years later, and maybe MH was really looking forward to that.  Then the sale happened and the ST ended up the way they ended up. Very understandable MH would feel that way.

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,403 posts
Whether or not it would have been fan service I dont care, JJ robbed us of getting to see the originals together again and thats always going to frustrate me. From all accounts they would have in the GL treatments so yeah, I can also understand why MH feels that way.
  • Kyrian and El Chalupacabra +1 this

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,765 posts

I see.  Thanks for the explanations!  From what little I saw here and the responses I could see on Twitter, I thought people were getting even more upset about something even more ridiculous.

• Kyrian +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,722 posts
Well, that is a big part of the internet.

I got threats on Imgur for posting a #ThanosDidNothingWrong post that people decided was anti-Trump. It wasn't, but someone latched on to it as that and then I ended up having to change my username.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,765 posts

Sigh.

That's definitely horribly annoying.

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,403 posts

There is a rumour/theory going around that

Spoiler

Spoiler tagged in case it's true. . .but if it is, would actually make things seem like they were somewhat planned from the beginning. Would also give the backstory required for TLJ that people are clamouring for. The more I think about it, it does put a whole lot more into context. 

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,722 posts
So what you're saying is
Spoiler

• Dark Wader +1 this

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,403 posts

Well it's not what I'm saying but the ever reliable Reddit is saying. . .but yes. 

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,602 posts

Well, I hope that is NOT the case, but I have read similar rumors DW.  I think that would be such a cop out.... 

Spoiler

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,722 posts
Spoiler

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,722 posts
Really I don’t think any of this deserves spoiler boxes, but I’m enjoying it.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,602 posts

I often don't know why I do the things i do, either. 

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,176 posts
Snoke shoulda been Plagueius (however the f its spelled) the (not so) Wize.

Kyrian

Kyrian

I'm back

• 11,348 posts

Imagine the collective butthurt when it turns out the laugh is from a hologram that Rey finds that shows the Luke/Vader fight and the latter's redemption by throwing Palps off the balcony

• Ryn +1 this

The Choc

The Choc

• 8,936 posts

Imagine the collective butthurt when it turns out the laugh is from a hologram that Rey finds that shows the Luke/Vader fight and the latter's redemption by throwing Palps off the balcony

Oh god I hope it's something like that. Or he is just a figment of Kylo's imagination or something. 

• Kyrian +1 this

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,403 posts

Well, I hope that is NOT the case, but I have read similar rumors DW.  I think that would be such a cop out.... 

Spoiler

I did initially feel the same but a lot of it would make sense which changed my mind around it. I never really cared for Snoke anyway but it's a way to retrospectively explain why he got power and the whole purpose of the First Order. Not just that, but why he was so obsessed around having a "new" Darth Vader. 

Like you say, if they do it well it could really do a lot for the sequel trilogy and give it some sense of purpose. 

• El Chalupacabra +1 this

Rogue 3

Rogue 3

Who is Number 1?

• 2,673 posts

Some new info in the Vanity Fair interview with JJ:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/05/star-wars-cover-story?verso=true

Items of note: 

Knights of Ren will be appearing

The film picks up only 1 year after TLJ

The desert planet featured in the trailer is called Pasaana, whose natives are called Aki-Aki...

Richard E Grant is playing a First Order leader as you would expect

Keri Russell plays a masked scoundel called Zorri Bliss and is on a snowy planet called Kijimi

• 3 & 6 years to go... +1 this

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,602 posts

Kind of confusing.  Does this mean the Grant character replaced Kylo as Supreme Leader?

Reply to this topic