Episode 9 News

Dark Wader

He's a previous Doctor from Doctor Who, which I only know from reading about him.

He was listed on the cast list, then removed, but was still on international lists until recently. When asked about it he said that as far as he knows he isn't in it. So either there was a huge mistake and he was never in it, which seems unlikely, his role got cut and nobody wants to say it, or they decided to keep it a secret because MYSTERY BOX.

I watched the first episode of the modern show! I hear that it gets better, but with the amount of media available, who has time for something that eventually gets good?

• 2 weeks later...

I was under the impression that Kylo not being Sith was something we knew going in to TFA? Him and Snoke were, as far as I'm aware, established as being something other, dark-side aligned for sure, but not Sith-affiliated.

The Ren are not the Sith, (apparently), so if Palpatine is actually back, I'd say they work for him... which ultimately is kinda BS since he probably only did that because Snoke got taken from his toybox.

I need at least a TINY bit of explanation of the relationship between Sith/Ren/Jedi and where Snoke came from.

I agree that Palpatine, whatever his involvement is, is probably only there because Snoke was treated like a bitch.

That said, it could be neat that Kylo is using all these terms without really knowing what they mean or the history behind them, just that Vader was Sith therefore I (meaning his thinking) will have Sith Troopers and Sith this and that. Similarly to how people latch onto things in real life without actually knowing what those things represent or really mean.

That could possibly be pointed out with a just a snide line or so, with a moment as simple as throwing a lightsaber over a shoulder. Whether that is satisfying though...

From what JJ has said I think Palpatine is there more for bringing all the trilogies together and making it really feel like the end of one story. I really hope he doesn't just take Snokes place, although originally Snoke essentially just took Palpatines place anyway.

Snoke was always a weakness really. Almost like JJ just couldn't figure out a good way for Kylo to have turned to evil without someone tempting him. It's like in WWE, they seem completely unable to write a major storyline that doesn;t involve some kind of figurehead leader of the promotion involved. Same seems to have applied here, JJ couldnt write a story without essentially an Emperor. Killing him off I think allowed the story to go in a new and interesting direction potentially. If JJ basically has it be where Snoke was kiled and then the Emperor shows back up and takes his place as Kylo's master/First Order leader that would be pretty weak IMO.

Hopefully the Emperor's role will be different than that.

I feel it's more that he'll be a Force ghost, similar to how Yoda, Obi-Wan and whichever-version-of-Anakin-you-prefer have all appeared as ghosts and interacted with Luke at some point, with the Sith Troopers being guardians of his "resting place". Tho whether he'll end up being revealed as the power behind Snoke et al, or if he'll just be an evil entity that's being guarded, I guess we'll find out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.