Episode 9 News

Dark Wader

Kind of confusing. Does this mean the Grant character replaced Kylo as Supreme Leader?

I didn't get that at all, unless you read something I didn't read. I think he is just another General.

As for the articles overall, I read two things that I liked

1-JJ saying that The Last Jedi made him feel he didn't have to stick so close to the established beats and norms and style of Star Wars. Meaning in terms of story, camera angles etc. Definitely a good thing.

2-Driver saying the ending for Kylo Ren is something he talked about with JJ since before taking the part.

Grant is playing a character called Allegiant General Pryde, so yeah, he is a general. I guess that is like a Grand Admiral or something?

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900071836/star-wars-allegiant-general-pryde-zorri-bliss-villains.html

A while back in another thread, I speculated it might be cool if the First Order had a rebellion of its own against Kylo (EG he went so far evil and was so heinous, Hux or other First Order people started working against him) . Makes me wonder if something like that will actually happen.

Of course, it could be the other way around, and Kylo gets redeemed, and works against the First Order.

Hux was the one who really convinced Snoke to blow up a planet, it's hard to think Kylo could "go too far" for him. I think maybe it would be that Kylo isn't an effective ruler that could lead to some kind of uprising from within the ranks.

Personally I don't think I'd want to see Kylo redeemed just because we've seen it before. That doesn't mean it would be a bad movie if that's the case. How about the First Order pushes Kylo out, so he works against those who betrayed him. However once the First Order is beaten we find out that Kylo was just doing it out of revenge and has no interest in being a "good guy"

Another thing I read, and this was written by the author so not directly from anyone involved was this: The Rebellion was essentially trying to restore the past, bring back the Republic. They beat this awful Empire to do that but in the end it didn't have any lasting affect. He said this group has to do something different to truly defeat evil, they can't try to restore the past, they have to create a new future. And they will succeed.

Ofcourse that could just be spectulation from the author but overall I like that idea that the good guys can't simply destroy the First Order again and expect evil to be defeated. They have to do more.

I don’t think there’s any chance this happens, but it would be a great way to screw with people to have Kylo win and the next movies be another follow up trilogy.

Do what nobody is expecting.

Like I said, I don't think there's any chance of it happening. But man, it'd be an amazing way to mess with expectations.

As for the articles overall, I read two things that I liked

1-JJ saying that The Last Jedi made him feel he didn't have to stick so close to the established beats and norms and style of Star Wars. Meaning in terms of story, camera angles etc. Definitely a good thing.

2-Driver saying the ending for Kylo Ren is something he talked about with JJ since before taking the part.

Agreed - very positive to hear they had this in mind at the start.

If Kylo wins, or Rey goes Sith, or any such "subversion" I would be stoked. Just end the trilogy on a MASSIVE downer.. The bad guys win...awesome.

Then announce the beginning of a new Saga that ties into this one...only without skywalker involvement.

Oh yeah I agree, pardon my failed attempt at humor.

I'm sure I just missed it between the pain pills and the muscle relaxers.

• 1 month later...

kind of annoying how few leaks there's been for this, seems even less than TLJ had

I'm kinda liking it actually. I'd really love to know if my enjoyment of the PT and ST was ruined thanks to spoilers. I like to think not, especially since I get spoilers constantly given my job... but I really do miss when I was a kid of being completely surprised, and spoilers were literally just whispers at conventions and that yellow box in Starlog magazine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.