Episode 9 News

Dark Wader

Mainly because there’s a small group of people that is always looking for something to be outraged about. I blocked a couple of people I’ve known for years because they were crazy with that stuff and it was filling my Twitter feed. Any imagined problem was enough.

I don't think anything here was claiming too much. Other than I said that I saw people hating on Twitter hating on Mark Hamill for his innocuous meme.

They were hating the idea that some people can't let go of the past and keep putting the OT on a pedestal?

It's obviously ridiculous to get upset over, much less take the time to post something nasty to Mark Hamill.

But I do agree with the sentiment that it is sooo not a "missed opportunity". That was then, this is now. I'm sure Hamill does get it that that crew are supporting characters in this trilogy and he just posts things like this for the fans and for a bit of fun (at least I hope that's the case - that interview with his ideas for how Luke's role should have been different in TFA sort of suggests otherwise).

Anyway, no excuse for trolls and haters.

Hamill claims it was more because he missed the opportunity to work with his friends, and they'll never have that opportunity again. No reason to distrust that.

Whether or not it would have been fan service I dont care, JJ robbed us of getting to see the originals together again and thats always going to frustrate me. From all accounts they would have in the GL treatments so yeah, I can also understand why MH feels that way.

Well, that is a big part of the internet.

I got threats on Imgur for posting a #ThanosDidNothingWrong post that people decided was anti-Trump. It wasn't, but someone latched on to it as that and then I ended up having to change my username.

There is a rumour/theory going around that

Palpatine's spirit is able to possess people, so Snoke was actually Palpatine the whole time

Spoiler tagged in case it's true. . .but if it is, would actually make things seem like they were somewhat planned from the beginning. Would also give the backstory required for TLJ that people are clamouring for. The more I think about it, it does put a whole lot more into context.

Imagine the collective butthurt when it turns out the laugh is from a hologram that Rey finds that shows the Luke/Vader fight and the latter's redemption by throwing Palps off the balcony

Oh god I hope it's something like that. Or he is just a figment of Kylo's imagination or something.

Well, I hope that is NOT the case, but I have read similar rumors DW. I think that would be such a cop out....

On Snoke's character. I can live with Snoke being some sort of puppet of Palpatine (EG a Regent ruling on his behalf and taking orders from Palpatine's ghost, maybe even some kind of former Imperial who was a personal assistant and trained as a dark side force user/ non-Sith apprentice of Palpatine, that seized power for himself. But to be someone who Palpatine possessed? I don't think I like that. Not unless it is done in a clever way that doesn't rip off the EU.

I did initially feel the same but a lot of it would make sense which changed my mind around it. I never really cared for Snoke anyway but it's a way to retrospectively explain why he got power and the whole purpose of the First Order. Not just that, but why he was so obsessed around having a "new" Darth Vader.

Like you say, if they do it well it could really do a lot for the sequel trilogy and give it some sense of purpose.

• 2 weeks later...

Some new info in the Vanity Fair interview with JJ:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/05/star-wars-cover-story?verso=true

Items of note:

Knights of Ren will be appearing

The film picks up only 1 year after TLJ

The desert planet featured in the trailer is called Pasaana, whose natives are called Aki-Aki...

Richard E Grant is playing a First Order leader as you would expect

Keri Russell plays a masked scoundel called Zorri Bliss and is on a snowy planet called Kijimi

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.