Episode 9 News

Dark Wader

No one is talking about the fact that the ship we see in the TROS teaser flying toward the mountain city is the same ship from Rey's flashback of her parents leaving her in TFA.

I thought it was an A-wing? Looked about the right shape and configuration and size

I don't know what the literature has said on it, but I never thought The Force worked that way. Yes, it seemed like an inherited trait for Luke and Leia, but there was no indication it was anything but random for anyone else.

I'm also not sure I like the idea of The Force choosing people. It almost makes The Force into a deity then - like it has some kind of consciousness. I like my Force mysterious and unsystematic.

We can get into semantics but unless many Jedi were wrong the Force does have a will, as has been pointed out previous. Snoke also said he knew that as Kylo grew in the dark someone would grow in the light, which shows the Force attempting to balance itself out.

Sure but you can talk about nature balancing itself and you can even talk about nature's will, but it doesn't make nature sentient or conscious.

The fact that we can debate it - that it's not clearly one way or one thing - is probably best. The more clearly they define it, the more the whole thing loses its mystique.

That is exactly what I've been saying for years in response to people who wanted an explanation through parentage for Rey's powers. Let me be clear, I don't need or want any further elaboration on Rey's parents, origin, reasons for her power. Not at all. It should be a done deal. But JJ has said there is more to it, so I'm just throwing out an idea that I'd think was kinda cool.

Outrage doesn't have a goal other than outrage and virtue signaling.

Plus he posted about Star Wars and didn't say Rey is the best thing ever. He's super sexist.

I bet he didn't even see Captain Marvel eight times.

I wouldn't go as far as saying he was "attacked". He posted a picture on there for public consumption and people responded to it. I mean half of the responses started "I love you Mark but...". I obviously didn't read every response to his post, I just read a couple articles on the response, but I didn't ready anything that was even remotely a personal attack on Mark. Certainly nothing even in the realm of what Kelly Marie Tran had to go through.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.