Episode 9 News

Dark Wader

Didn't she take the books from Luke's home that were there? I could have swore I saw them on the Falcon. I wonder if there was a "How I made my saber recipe" that she followed and because that is what Luke's was like hers is the same because she followed the instruction manual woman style (Men just wing it).

Guys.

Guys.

You don't make a prop that looks like a repaired version of a previous prop, and then say it's a different prop.

Also, lightsabers have very exact and particular design. This is exactly the same as it's been in the past, save for new parts literally where the thing was split in half.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danidiplacido/2019/04/18/star-wars-reys-parentage-might-just-be-relevant-again/#24f4c1585280

JJ Abrams was recently quoted as saying this about Rey's parents:

I will say that we knew, going into this, that this movie, it had to be a satisfying conclusion. And we were well aware that that’s one of the things that’s been out there. I don’t want to say that what happens in Episode 8 [didn’t happen]. We have honored that. But I will say that there’s more to the story than you’ve seen.

I wonder what he has in mind. I got no idea.

I don't think it'll mean anything for the movies, but they did retcon it so that Palpatine created Anakin inside of Shmi (source: articles about the comics). So maybe she was created by someone too, other than the normal, probably more enjoyable, way of creating a person?

I have a hunch this movie will attempt to tie the whole nine-parts together at least in some minor way. JJ did talk to Lucas about how things should end...or so they say.

But I'm betting there are certain things JJ has the sense to just leave alone. Like midichlorians, immaculate conception, etc.

JJ has said that they have honored what was revealed in VIII but there is more to the story. I highly doubt they will make Luke her dad or anything like that. I've always liked the idea that she wasn't born "special" but that the force chose her at a later time because of all the other great qualities she had as a person. It wouldn't change her parentage but it would work as sort of why she has all this power. I think it would mostly make people happy who feel there need to be an explanation of why she is so powerful while still keeping the message that anyone can be the hero and you don't need to be born into any kind of royalty or special circumstances.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.