Episode 9 News

Dark Wader

1. Rey seems like she made a replica of the Luke Skywalker lightsaber (assuming she didn't duct tape the one from TLJ).

2. Looks like Poe, Finn, and C3PO are on a skiff similar to ROTJ.

3. I wonder how they are going to handle Leia. It might be a possibility that they can end the story with Leia alive.

4. Who the hell let the Emperor back in here? :D Makes me wonder if this will give new life to those rumors that Rey is the offspring of the Emperor (or someone related to him).

5. The title "The Rise of Skywalker" seems to be a curious choice since it was stated many times this trilogy would be the end of the Skywalker saga. He was a disgruntled old Jedi in TLJ, but had a change of heart and "showed up" at the Battle of Crait. Will the Rise indicate he explains to Rey about how she should continue with his teachings and what he failed to accomplish by trying to start a Jedi school?

The question is which Skywalker is the title in reference to? There's a lot of candidates in the context of "nobody is ever really gone," especially when you throw in a still-uncertain Rey lineage. It seems like Ben or Rey are the most likely though.

The question is which Skywalker is the title in reference to? There's a lot of candidates in the context of "nobody is ever really gone," especially when you throw in a still-uncertain Rey lineage. It seems like Ben or Rey are the most likely though.

Maybe Anakin Skywalker? :D

Remember those rumors where Rey would say to Luke, "I am your father." :lol:

Thoughts so far....

• It's only a teaser. But BB8 next to Threepio in the last shot...I have a feeling Artoo is getting shafted in this one again.
  • The last shot, Yavin or Endor? I'm guessing Endor considering the Palpatine laugh at the end & links to the early TFA concepts around the Death Star wreckage
  • Lando flying the Falcon with Chewie probably my favourite part
  • Hope the slow mo was just for the trailer and not in the film
  • Was actually watching the Episode I trailer again last night so loved the reference to that at the start
  • Still weary that JJ is at the helm but this does look epicly good

Also really cool that the medal they focus in on at one point is the medal that was given at the end of A New Hope.

Good catch. It looks like it might be that Leia is the one that is holding it.

Also...what was that huge thing in the ocean? It looked like the Death Star, but I thought both of them got vaporized.

Also really cool that the medal they focus in on at one point is the medal that was given at the end of A New Hope.

Good catch. It looks like it might be that Leia is the one that is holding it.

Also...what was that huge thing in the ocean? It looked like the Death Star, but I thought both of them got vaporized.

Looks pretty clearly like death star wreckage, yeah.

Are they there for the Kyber crystals?

Or how about this? The Knights of Ren are a cult of Vader worshippers with a plan to resurrect him so they go to Endor to carry out their plan. They succeed, but are disappointed when Hayden Christiansen pops out (hence the title of the movie) so they change course and try to resurrect Palpatine.

Or how about this? The Knights of Ren are a cult of Vader worshippers with a plan to resurrect him so they go to Endor to carry out their plan. They succeed, but are disappointed when Hayden Christiansen pops out (hence the title of the movie) so they change course and try to resurrect Palpatine.

I like it!! You're hired! Could you throw some lines in there about how he doesn't like sand?

Do we need spoiler tags to talk about this? Do we need a spoilers thread?

Carina made some spoiler rules a long time ago but then she disappeared and I eventually changed them to “Don’t be a dick.”

I like it!! You're hired! Could you throw some lines in there about how he doesn't like sand?

I think at this point he would hate ashes even more than sand.

They're not giving up the game by telling us Rey is a Skywalker or that Luke is being brought back. Rey isn't a Skywalker. It would be too big of a retcon. Would undermine every Rey/Luke scene from TLJ.

Skywalker becomes the new term for what we know as "Jedi." Whether intentionally or just based on the "legends" that get passed down (hello there child re-enacting Luke facing down the entire first order at the end of TLJ!).

Revenge of the Sith

Return of the Jedi

The Rise of Skywalker

Who are you?

Rey: "I'm a Skywalker"

*roll credits*

They're not giving up the game by telling us Rey is a Skywalker or that Luke is being brought back. Rey isn't a Skywalker. It would be too big of a retcon. Would undermine every Rey/Luke scene from TLJ.

Skywalker becomes the new term for what we know as "Jedi." Whether intentionally or just based on the "legends" that get passed down (hello there child re-enacting Luke facing down the entire first order at the end of TLJ!).

Revenge of the Sith

Return of the Jedi

The Rise of Skywalker

Who are you?

Rey: "I'm a Skywalker"

*roll credits*

This is a great idea.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.