Episode 9 News

Dark Wader

Yeah, totally get that.

I don't consider Snoke's origin to be a mystery. We never knew the Emperor's origin in the OT, and only had a very basic knowledge of Vader's. He used to be Anakin and then turned evil. Not sure why people expected more from Snoke or the Knights of Ren. I guess maybe the question of where the Knights of Ren are now, but I wonder if it's similar to Vader being a Dark Lord of the Sith. He wasn't really a Lord over anyone.

The difference is, we were given the basic idea that there was once many Force users pre-Empire. That's clear as of the first act of ANH.

There's a background that says The Emperor could have come up in that world.

With Snoke, we're being sold on the idea that he's as powerful as The Emperor, but ROTJ made it clear that just 30 years previous Luke was pretty much it. I've said it elsewhere, but it could be answered with a throwaway lime from Kylo about how Snoke found him.

I think that's a legitimate gripe with Snoke's arc.

It wasn't important to know where Palpatine came from because we joined the action in media res. But with Snoke, he's joining a story we've got 60 years of 'historical' knowledge of. It's a pretty big gap that this massively powerful and manipulative individual who ends up leading the remnant of the Empire isn't accounted for during that time.

Even if it was something as exceedingly simple as in the crawl or an off-hand remark by Leia or whoever about Snoke being in the Unknown Regions or whatever.

It doesn't make me want to #RemakeTheLastJedi, but I do find it annoying.

From an in-universe standpoint, everyone knows who Snoke is. So throwing in a line about where he's from makes about as much sense as Russian intelligence officers talking about Trump and then saying "You know he's from the United States?"

From an in-universe standpoint, everyone knows who Snoke is. So throwing in a line about where he's from makes about as much sense as Russian intelligence officers talking about Trump and then saying "You know he's from the United States?"

Rey wouldn't know. She thought a war hero from 30 years ago was a myth.

I just think it comes down to the fact that they couldn’t provide a satisfying reason for his presence. Better to just kill him off than try to make him Darth Plagious or something even worse. He was there just because. A random Sith Lord just for the hell of it.

Here's my pitch for Ep. IX:

Buncha stuff happens, and just when things look darkest for our heroes (at the 1:57 mark) in flies Lando with old Wicket and a huge Ewok armada! Lando explains in blatant exposition how the Ewoks evolved quickly as a tech society after the Battle of Endor and now half of them are cyborgs.

Ewoks and Lando (who is married to an Ewok) save the day, roll credits.

He also in the last 5 minutes raps the entire history of what happened between ROTJ and TFA. Tells us that Rey is really Luke's daughter, and there are over a hundred Skywalker kids spread throughout the Galaxy, and Snoke was just a normal guy until he walked in on Luke banging his wife, and the hatred flowed through him and filled him with the Dark Side.

Rey wouldn't know. She thought a war hero from 30 years ago was a myth.

She thought a superhero from 30 years ago was a myth. Plus she hasn't really interacted with anyone very much, other than Finn and Luke, and has spent the past week of her life just trying to survive while learning that she's a superhero. No reason to be concerned with Snoke, and then he's dead and who cares?

I think that JJ's vision was for Snoke to be the new Emperor, and probably to have some sort of backstory, but Rian didn't like that idea and did something different. Which seems to be the resounding theme, that he didn't like what JJ set up and wanted to go in a different direction.

Now JJ has two choices: try to go back to his original version and make TLJ almost entirely insignificant, or pick up the pieces and go on with something new. Doing a series this way, without an overall vision, is like doing improv. You can't just say "no" you have to take what the other person did and build on it.

Whether you like it or not is irrelevant. It is what it is, and anyone expecting anything to change is fooling themselves and will be disappointed come Episode 9: The Coming Back of the Lando

I just think the bottom line is that there is no more story to tell. Star Wars ended in 1983 and there are varying degrees of withdrawal.

It’s simply gone. Thrawn, Rey, Jason Solo, Jar Jar, it’s all shit.

I love all of you guys, but it’s pure shit.

He also in the last 5 minutes raps the entire history of what happened between ROTJ and TFA. Tells us that Rey is really Luke's daughter, and there are over a hundred Skywalker kids spread throughout the Galaxy, and Snoke was just a normal guy until he walked in on Luke banging his wife, and the hatred flowed through him and filled him with the Dark Side.

Will he do a topless dance and call the rap This Is The Galaxy?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.