Episode 9 News

Dark Wader

Billy Dee is returning as Lando:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-billy-dee-williams-returning-as-lando-calrissian-xi-1125818

Kerri Russel reportedly in talks:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/keri-russell-talks-star-wars-episode-ix-1125381

Not really sure how I feel about Lando coming back. Hopefully not just for fan service. (But then I lapped up the Vader cameo in Rogue one so not entirely against it).

Kerri I don't really have an opinion on either way. Rey's Mum?

I want episode 9 to just be Poe, Finn, Lando, and BB-8 doing it the entire time and various takes of people ripping up pictures of Luke going "haha that guy ****ing sucks"

Lando in it, fine whatever. Probably is just lip service, but maybe they'll have something good for him to do.

As for Kerri Russel...well I've only seen her in a Felicity episode probably about 10 years ago and that show was a steaming pile(?) of chunky menses.

I'm really sorry for that last mental image.

But **** yeah STAR WARS WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hopefully they just did an MS Word find & replace and changed Leia to Lando. Including an emotional scene with Ben, so we find out that Lando is his real mother.

It could change, but right now, I don't care what happens with Episode 9. I honestly do hope I'm wrong because it's Star Wars, but I don't think there is anything they can do to save the ST for me.

As much as I hoped for Lando for Episodes 7 & 8, I have to say too little, too late. Not confident they will handle Billie Dee Williams well.

As for NOT-Mara Jade, that's someone they should have introduced in TLJ.

You have no idea who Russell would even play if she even took the part, how in the world would you have any idea if the character should have been introduced already?

I'm being ridiculous? How? You are the one making assumptions about the character that have no basis in anything other than just rampant speculation based on nothing. What you are saying is no different than if I said "holy crap Kerri Russell best thing ever, this guarantees a great Star Wars movie. This character will be majorly important and fit the story perfectly."

All I'm saying is you have no idea what the part is, nor do I, not does anyone. Why would you make the assumption that the character is being introduced at the wrong time. When you have no idea what the character is? That's a ridiculous statement.

Anyways....

As much as I hoped for Lando for Episodes 7 & 8, I have to say too little, too late. Not confident they will handle Billie Dee Williams well.

Yeah I think you're right, I don't think they are really bringing him back for any other reason that they don't have anyone else left from the OT they can use.

[Admin voice]Simmer down.[/Admin Voice]

When anyone really likes or really doesn't like something, it's easy to:

1) Unintentionally act like opposite opinions are wrong and talk down to them

And

2) Feel like someone sharing a differing opinion is talking down to you.

If someone is bothering you enough that you want them to not interact with you, Nightly has a built-in function that allows it. I suggest using it.

Anyways....

Yeah I think you're right, I don't think they are really bringing him back for any other reason that they don't have anyone else left from the OT they can use.

I actually agree, I said it prior to TLJ. I'm not against Lando but I don't need/want him forced into the movie or in a cameo role. If they've created something good for him that's great but I am worried they may be just trying to shoe horn him in.

Nobody here watched The Amdricans? Holy shit. Well, if you had, you'd know Keri Russel is ****ing awesome and can totally handle any sort of action. Please God let her be a Dark Force user.

I think it's pretty sad they only bring Lando back when all of the Big 3 are either literally or fictionally dead. SMFH

Nobody here watched The Amdricans? Holy ****. Well, if you had, you'd know Keri Russel is ****ing awesome and can totally handle any sort of action. Please God let her be a Dark Force user.

I think it's pretty sad they only bring Lando back when all of the Big 3 are either literally or fictionally dead. SMFH

This x100. She’d be the best villain.

Don't forget she worked with Abrams on Felicity. This could be as simple as he knows she is a fan, they are friends and she is getting a small part. Or it could be a major role. We just have no idea. She's great on the Americans, so whatever they have in mind for her I'm sure she will do great.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.