Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Episode 9 News

116 replies to this topic

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,331 posts

Billy Dee is returning as Lando: 

https://www.hollywoo...sian-xi-1125818

Kerri Russel reportedly in talks:

https://www.hollywoo...sode-ix-1125381

Not really sure how I feel about Lando coming back. Hopefully not just for fan service. (But then I lapped up the Vader cameo in Rogue one so not entirely against it). 

Kerri I don't really have an opinion on either way. Rey's Mum?

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

Decreed by Kubla Khan

• Supporters
  • 8,248 posts

It could change, but right now, I don't care what happens with Episode 9.  I honestly do hope I'm wrong because it's Star Wars, but I don't think there is anything they can do to save the ST for me. 

As much as I hoped for Lando for Episodes 7 & 8, I have to say too little, too late.  Not confident they will handle Billie Dee Williams well.  

As for NOT-Mara Jade, that's someone they should have introduced in TLJ.  

• Brett +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,037 posts
I hope Lando is a droid humping pansexual and that Karrie is the Phasma type character that I wanted.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

Decreed by Kubla Khan

• Supporters
  • 8,248 posts

You'll probably get the robot dryhumper you want in Lando, but Keri Russell is probably going to be a Mara Jade analog of some type.   And I am sure Phasma will be good for at least one more lame showing. 

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,210 posts

I want episode 9 to just be Poe and Finn doing it the entire time and various takes of people ripping up pictures of Luke going "haha that guy ****ing sucks"

• Brett and Iceheart +1 this

Fozzie

Fozzie

• Admin
  • 4,149 posts

I want episode 9 to just be Poe, Finn, Lando, and BB-8 doing it the entire time and various takes of people ripping up pictures of Luke going "haha that guy ****ing sucks"

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 1,975 posts

Lando in it, fine whatever. Probably is just lip service, but maybe they'll have something good for him to do. 

As for Kerri Russel...well I've only seen her in a Felicity episode probably about 10 years ago and that show was a steaming pile(?) of  chunky menses. 

I'm really sorry for that last mental image. 

But **** yeah STAR WARS WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edited by Odine, 10 July 2018 - 01:36 PM.

Fozzie

Fozzie

• Admin
  • 4,149 posts
Hopefully they just did an MS Word find & replace and changed Leia to Lando. Including an emotional scene with Ben, so we find out that Lando is his real mother.
  • Tank, DML, Jacen123 and 4 others like this

The Choc

The Choc

• 8,777 posts

It could change, but right now, I don't care what happens with Episode 9.  I honestly do hope I'm wrong because it's Star Wars, but I don't think there is anything they can do to save the ST for me. 

As much as I hoped for Lando for Episodes 7 & 8, I have to say too little, too late.  Not confident they will handle Billie Dee Williams well.  

As for NOT-Mara Jade, that's someone they should have introduced in TLJ.  

You have no idea who Russell would even play if she even took the part, how in the world would you have any idea if the character should have been introduced already?

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

Decreed by Kubla Khan

• Supporters
  • 8,248 posts

Butt hurt because someone doesn't agree that TLJ was the most awesomest movie EVAR again?  Seems like it to me.

And for the record, there are tons of theories going around that Russell is being considered for a Mara Jade like part, if not Mara. 

• James Madison +1 this

The Choc

The Choc

• 8,777 posts

Butt hurt because someone doesn't agree that TLJ was the most awesomest movie EVAR again?

Seems like it to me.

Not at all, I'm just saying how would you have any idea if this character should have been introduced already? 

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

Decreed by Kubla Khan

• Supporters
  • 8,248 posts

How do you know I don't? Maybe I do.. Jesus Christ. 

Dude don't be effing ridiculous for a change.  No one outside Disney knows.  But if she is going to be a Mara like character, way stupid to not even hint at the idea of her existence until the third and final act.  Total ass pull. 

The Choc

The Choc

• 8,777 posts

I'm being ridiculous? How? You are the one making assumptions about the character that have no basis in anything other than just rampant speculation based on nothing. What you are saying is no different than if I said "holy crap Kerri Russell best thing ever, this guarantees a great Star Wars movie. This character will be majorly important and fit the story perfectly."

All I'm saying is you have no idea what the part is, nor do I, not does anyone. Why would you make the assumption that the character is being introduced at the wrong time. When you have no idea what the character is? That's a ridiculous statement. 

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

Decreed by Kubla Khan

• Supporters
  • 8,248 posts

You are a f*cking moron, that's how.  F*ck you and quit interacting with me. I hate your guts if you haven't figured it out yet.

The Choc

The Choc

• 8,777 posts

Why? because we disagree on a movie? Seriously? What is wrong with you? Why would you dislike me. I don't dislike you. Honestly I never thought we had any bad interactions before. I don't get it. 

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

Decreed by Kubla Khan

• Supporters
  • 8,248 posts

I'm neither inclined nor obligated to explain sh*t to you.  F*ck off.  I'm sick of your sh*t.

The Choc

The Choc

• 8,777 posts

Can someone please explain this to me? LOL. 

Poe Dameron

Poe Dameron

• 2,422 posts

Kerri I don't really have an opinion on either way. Rey's Mum?

Dammit, stop making me feel old.

• Dark Wader, Jacen123, Ryn and 1 other +1 this

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,331 posts

Anyways....

Yeah I think you're right, I don't think they are really bringing him back for any other reason that they don't have anyone else left from the OT they can use. 

Fozzie

Fozzie

• Admin
  • 4,149 posts
[Admin voice]Simmer down.[/Admin Voice]

When anyone really likes or really doesn't like something, it's easy to:
1) Unintentionally act like opposite opinions are wrong and talk down to them

And

2) Feel like someone sharing a differing opinion is talking down to you.

If someone is bothering you enough that you want them to not interact with you, Nightly has a built-in function that allows it. I suggest using it.

The Choc

The Choc

• 8,777 posts

Anyways....

Yeah I think you're right, I don't think they are really bringing him back for any other reason that they don't have anyone else left from the OT they can use. 

I actually agree, I said it prior to TLJ. I'm not against Lando but I don't need/want him forced into the movie or in a cameo role. If they've created something good for him that's great but I am worried they may be just trying to shoe horn him in. 

• Dark Wader +1 this

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• Supporter/Mods
  • 42,592 posts
Nobody here watched The Amdricans? Holy ****. Well, if you had, you'd know Keri Russel is ****ing awesome and can totally handle any sort of action. Please God let her be a Dark Force user.

I think it's pretty sad they only bring Lando back when all of the Big 3 are either literally or fictionally dead. SMFH
  • Iceheart and Ryn +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,037 posts

Nobody here watched The Amdricans? Holy ****. Well, if you had, you'd know Keri Russel is ****ing awesome and can totally handle any sort of action. Please God let her be a Dark Force user.
I think it's pretty sad they only bring Lando back when all of the Big 3 are either literally or fictionally dead. SMFH

This x100. She’d be the best villain.
  • Ryn +1 this

The Choc

The Choc

• 8,777 posts

Don't forget she worked with Abrams on Felicity. This could be as simple as he knows she is a fan, they are friends and she is getting a small part. Or it could be a major role. We just have no idea. She's great on the Americans, so whatever they have in mind for her I'm sure she will do great. 

Poe Dameron

Poe Dameron

• 2,422 posts

He did use her again in Mission: Impossible III.

Reply to this topic