Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Luke Cage 2

11 replies to this topic

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,442 posts

June 22.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
Hell yeah!!

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,442 posts

Slow burn but they need to do an album release. The music is ON.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,506 posts
I can't seem to care about Mariah's storyline at all.
  • Ms. Spam +1 this

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,442 posts

Just finished it. Pretty good character piece. Even the Danny Rand parts. Really want a sound track list!

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,506 posts
Danny Rand is still a tool, but this was the best use of him for sure.

Not sure about the ending. I'll give my standard Marvel TV comment that it was 4 episodes too long.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,491 posts

HAY SPAM! click me

I think I forgot about or missed something from s1, because I don't remember her trying so hard to sound hip... like, every other line of hers is a lyric from a song that's popular right now. I assume it's because she wants to keep Shades interested and so she's acting "young." It's just... weird, especially since she was so formidable in s1.

• Ms. Spam +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,506 posts

HAY SPAM! click me

I think I forgot about or missed something from s1, because I don't remember her trying so hard to sound hip... like, every other line of hers is a lyric from a song that's popular right now. I assume it's because she wants to keep Shades interested and so she's acting "young." It's just... weird, especially since she was so formidable in s1.

I think the idea is that in S1 she was trying to be respectable-- but this time around she realized no matter what she did, she'd always be the product of a gangster family, so she embraced it.

But yeah, it was forced how she just got more and more hood.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,442 posts

We needed Mariah's backstory to help also with feeling for the Bushmaster character.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,491 posts

I think the idea is that in S1 she was trying to be respectable-- but this time around she realized no matter what she did, she'd always be the product of a gangster family, so she embraced it.

But yeah, it was forced how she just got more and more hood.

Seems like that's where they're going with Tilda next season, too, which might actually be interesting. Although I'm trying to figure out why she's so mad about Harlem's Paradise if she's so disenchanted with the Stokes family.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
I thought it was excellent. Nothing dragged for me and I loved the Godfather shout out at the end. I knew it was coming and still loved it.

Of course, my sweetest spot is when 2 bad guys are gunning for each other and the hero is caught in the middle. I love that.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,442 posts

I liked it too. I find Luke's newest digs kind of interesting. 

Reply to this topic