Cyberpunk 2077

Odine

I have been figuratively waiting for this game since I played the tabletop version in 1991 and was playing the game adaption of Neuromancer on my C64.

I have been literally waiting for this since the day it was announced five years ago.

If this is some sick combo of Mass Effect/Dues Ex/GTA I will lose my shit.

My favorite genre as an RPG shooter? If the story is tight, this will be my favorite game of all time.

So obviously, it's doomed.

Ha! Yeah expectations are sky high for this I think. But CDPR are gonna be aware of that, and if anyone can pull it off its them.

They're AAA Indy who publish their own games. So they have no one to answer to. Which is all good news!

The descriptions sound amazing, but the "mostly first person" bit is heartbreaking to me.

I can only hope it's optional like Battlefront or Fallout.

Hate to take a dump on your hopes but I think it will be mostly first person. But don't assume that means it wont be an RPG, because it is an RPG first and foremost! The first person thing can be amazing for immersion.

I've never liked it. Am I in cover or not? Is somebody behind me? Who knows! I just can't stand the lack of spacial awareness. I know I am in a minority, but I sm bummed.

I've seriously been dying for this game forever.

I think they might have developed the FP experience for this a little more, for example I think you might be able to see your own limbs, torso, legs etc when you look down which gives you a little more context of where you actually are in regards to the space around you. Though I take your point, but I hope they can make it in such a way that it doesn't ruin the experience for you.

I think they might have developed the FP experience for this a little more, for example I think you might be able to see your own limbs, torso, legs etc when you look down which gives you a little more context of where you actually are in regards to the space around you. Though I take your point, but I hope they can make it in such a way that it doesn't ruin the experience for you.

They talk about complex melee attacks, like the girl have the retractable sword arms-- stuff like that doesn't really work in first person... I don't know... I'm homding out for cariablw views.

I find people moaning about it "being too sunny and Californian" retarded given that

a. The game is, in fact, set in California

b. Day/Night Cycles and dynamic weather systems have been a staple of RPGs since 2011 (if not earlier). Meaning, the bleak rainy "Bladerunner vibe" will be there.

c. Despite everything CDPR say their game and world is going to be, people don't seem to listen.

• 1 month later...

For sure. I remember reading something they were saying that the FPP was designed intentionally to maximise immersion. 3rd person camera always brings you out of it a little bit. But there will be some specific things too, like depending on what ocular implants your character has your HUD will change, have different things attached to it. So there is a lot of scope for cool things to be done because of the FPP.

• 4 weeks later...

I was about to post that link. Looks amazing huh.

My only thing is I hate dialogue options that paraphrase what you say, and don't display the actual words your character will speak.

Otherwise everything in that reveal has me hyped to fuck.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.