How do you watch the MCU?

I watched all of phase one in the theater, since then just Guardians 1, the Captain America movies and the Avemgers movies. Everything else has been Blu-ray or streaming. I just view them as something more like background filler for the other movies, and they don't really feel worth paying to go see them.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I saw Iron man 1, The Incredible Hulk, and Infinity war in the theater. The rest I either saw on disk or streamed it.

Guest Robin

First I imagine them while I drink a tall margarita and relax in a too hot bubble bath, then I go see them in the theater and bathe in the disappointment that they didnt match my day dreams.

Once in theater for sure. Twice if it was really good (only did this for Iron Man and Civil War). WiIf I loved it I'll rent it when it appears on home streaming. If it it was less than amazing, I;ll wait for it to stream for free somewhere.

I only ever buy physical media or permanent digital files for things I truly know I will watch more than once a year. For Marvel, Iron Man and Civil War are about it.

Saw Iron Man 2, The first 2 Avenger Movies, Civil War and Guardians of the Galaxy in the theater. The rest I kinda just see when I see. I haven't seen most of the recent ones. I like most of the Marvel movies that I've seen but they just don't call me to action to make sure I see them.

I only saw Ragnarok at the theater. I need a hook to see an MCU film at the theater, and the "hey, Sparkles! Here's the deal" scene and Hela's "darling" was that. I've only seen any of the others on free-to-air TV (so often a long time after their theatrical releases).

I've effectively seen most of the ones I haven't seen because all of the key scenes get uploaded to YouTube eventually, and sometimes immediately in the case of Black Panther and Infinity War. I might see Infinity War next Tuesday because the Red Skull scene sounds really cool (so that's the hook), but I feel like I've already seen it.

I really wish I could get more into the MCU. It's just too hit or miss for me. Love Iron Man, then the sequels are not very good. The first 2 Thors are just ehhh. Havent seen the third yet. Hulk is ok. The Captain America trilogy is flat out great. Even the first Avengers movie I thought was just pretty good. The 2nd one, not so much. I haven't seen most of the most recent ones though and judging by popular opinion maybe I should. Pretty much all of them seem to be very well liked. I just also cant quite get past that the first movie in every characters story is basically the bad guy has the same power or technology as the good guy and the good guy has to defeat him.

Having said all that like I said I should probably go back to it a bit more. Unless I'm forgetting one starting with Homecoming it seems like they are on a big roll.

Watched all of them in the theater once, most of them on opening weekend. Saw the first Avengers a second time, but found myself nitpicking it more. Infinity War is the only one I've seen in IMAX. I've seen none of 'em in 3-D.

I kicked the "must own every comic book movie on home video" habit a few years ago, but I've bought a few on Blu-ray.

And I'll brake for any Cap movie whenever one's on TV and not much else is on.

Mostly I see them in the theater once, and then catch them on TV or Netflix again (much) later.

With the exception of Spiderman (Tom Holland is a cute kid and I like what he's doing with the character, but how damn many times do I have to sit through another Spiderman movie?), and the Ant-Man movies (meh).

None in the theater. I don't go to the theater much at all. Only for Star Wars movies, and I didn't even see The Last Jedi in the theater. Rogue One, neither. But, I have enjoyed all of the Marvel films that I have seen. Either on Netflix or Blu-Ray. Enjoyed The Last Jedi a lot as well as Rogue One. Just saw Thor: Ragnorak on Netflix Wednesday night. I enjoyed it very much.

We only go to the theater for Disney - Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars. We see each at least once in theaters. Then we buy the Blu-ray, and generally they're on pretty regularly for about 2 weeks after that. But my kid is generally in control of the TV so there's that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.