Lando Is Pansexual

Tank

Guest Robin

I agree that Poe and Finn would have made a cute couple, or at least Poe liking Finn. That bottom lip bite, guys.

And then all the fanboys using the "I just think they should make a new character! Don't change old ones! I'm not homophobic!" line would have to scramble for some new excuse.

They also have a great opportunity to do it with Finn and Poe but dont. Its the same as with the its all about diversity but lets keep hiring white men to make the real creative decisions/be in charge of the films. They only like to talk a good game.

When those rumors were floating round the same crowd was OMG SJW AGENDA DOWN OUR THROATS BLA BLH IM NOT A HOMOPHOBE BUT BLAH

Doctor Aphra in the comics is definitely not straight. She has had a sexual relationship with a female Imperial officer in recent months. I can't recall if she had any other romantic entanglements in the past. She had some interesting interactions with Luke, at least.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Related to this thread: I ran across this video, and think it is hilarious. This dude is insane. It's like Fox News, the John Birch Society, and Rush Limbaugh all rolled into one, for ultra right wing Star Wars uber fanboys.

He takes himself so seriously, too. But he really comes across like Dr. Amp, and sounds like this!

And then all the fanboys using the "I just think they should make a new character! Don't change old ones! I'm not homophobic!" line would have to scramble for some new excuse.

They also have a great opportunity to do it with Finn and Poe but dont. Its the same as with the its all about diversity but lets keep hiring white men to make the real creative decisions/be in charge of the films. They only like to talk a good game.

When those rumors were floating round the same crowd was OMG SJW AGENDA DOWN OUR THROATS BLA BLH IM NOT A HOMOPHOBE BUT BLAH

I look at it this way: aside from a few very minor exceptions, Star Wars never really put any emphasis on sexuality. It was nice for me as a kid because I obviously didn't think about such things, and though I obviously do now, it was always nice to be able to retreat into this universe where such things are not part of the story. In that light, I kind of agree with Mark Hamill that you can project whatever sexual orientation you want onto those characters.

Homophobic is a ridiculous term. I've never known anyone who is actually "afraid" of homosexuals. If anything, they're just comical. Stick your dick anywhere you want, just don't get mad if people laugh at you.

People get to like or dislike things in life, and if they happen to dislike something it doesn't mean they're afraid of it.

Homophobic is a ridiculous term. I've never known anyone who is actually "afraid" of homosexuals. If anything, they're just comical. Stick your dick anywhere you want, just don't get mad if people laugh at you.

People get to like or dislike things in life, and if they happen to dislike something it doesn't mean they're afraid of it.

It's a universal truth that 99.9% of men like to stick their dick in something. What that "something" happens to be is irrelevant... the classification of human sexual behaviours (that are highly contextual, fluid and influenced by external circumstances) with some newfandangle noun is retarded. As if it somehow makes someone more "woke" to invent a new box to put someone in whose behaviour differs from their own.

They also have a great opportunity to do it with Finn and Poe but dont. Its the same as with the its all about diversity but lets keep hiring white men to make the real creative decisions/be in charge of the films. They only like to talk a good game."

I look at it this way: aside from a few very minor exceptions, Star Wars never really put any emphasis on sexuality. It was nice for me as a kid because I obviously didn't think about such things, and though I obviously do now, it was always nice to be able to retreat into this universe where such things are not part of the story. In that light, I kind of agree with Mark Hamill that you can project whatever sexual orientation you want onto those characters.

Exactly. This is what I said. Love in Star Wars is some furtive glances and maybe a kiss at most. It’s a fairly tale, it doesn’t need to be more complicated than that.

I think homophobia is more like racism than a literal fear. It’s not a description of a person’s reaction to another person, but the knowing, or often unknowing due to habit and conditioning, that makes one (generally white/straight people) see those different them as having an agenda or designs when they speak up wanting the same thing said white straight people have and has been accepted as the norm.

There’s this dude on another forum I post on who’s up in arms over this. I wouldn’t say he’s afraid of gay people, but he’s convinced this is part of a Hollywood gay conspiracy to shove an SJW agenda down the throat of middle America. That’s not “I am afraid of gay people” but it certainly is homophobia.

Guest Robin

Well yeah.

And if you want to sick your dick in a mean grider, I wont stop you. Just dont get mad when people find it funny.

I just had fun imagining that Mean Grider was a new WWII Horror anthology film by Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriquez and Tina Fey.

I think homophobia is more like racism than a literal fear. Its not a description of a persons reaction to another person, but the knowing, or often unknowing due to habit and conditioning, that makes one (generally white/straight people) see those different them as having an agenda or designs when they speak up wanting the same thing said white straight people have and has been accepted as the norm.

Theres this dude on another forum I post on whos up in arms over this. I wouldnt say hes afraid of gay people, but hes convinced this is part of a Hollywood gay conspiracy to shove an SJW agenda down the throat of middle America. Thats not I am afraid of gay people but it certainly is homophobia.

Be it racism or homophobia, my experience has been consistent. Ive never met anyone of consequence who truly cares about any difference in race or sexual orientation. And I live in the south.

I know that may be a surprising to you but it really is just that simple. You just treat people well, answer any questions they have, go home and have a good day. What anyone does on their own time is their own business.

Jesus.

PEDANTIC MUCH?

In my opinion, saying Lando/ Dumbledore/Poe/whomever is actually gay/ bi/ pan is just Disney trying to appear progressive and nothing more than pandering. When it actually comes time to show a dude kissing another dude ON SCREEN, it never happens.

Words are cheap. Action is real.

I think homophobia is more like racism than a literal fear. Its not a description of a persons reaction to another person, but the knowing, or often unknowing due to habit and conditioning, that makes one (generally white/straight people) see those different them as having an agenda or designs when they speak up wanting the same thing said white straight people have and has been accepted as the norm.

Theres this dude on another forum I post on whos up in arms over this. I wouldnt say hes afraid of gay people, but hes convinced this is part of a Hollywood gay conspiracy to shove an SJW agenda down the throat of middle America. Thats not I am afraid of gay people but it certainly is homophobia.

Be it racism or homophobia, my experience has been consistent. Ive never met anyone of consequence who truly cares about any difference in race or sexual orientation. And I live in the south.

I know that may be a surprising to you but it really is just that simple. You just treat people well, answer any questions they have, go home and have a good day. What anyone does on their own time is their own business.

People may treat each other well, but are they denied opportunities because of race, sexual preference, etc.

I might suggest something as simple as looking it up on Wikipedia. Homophobia doesn't literally mean being afraid of homosexuals.

Saying you find homosexuality "comical" and something to "laugh at" would fall under most definitions of homophobia. Why not try looking at homosexuality as simply one of the normal modes of being?

Lando being pansexual wound up being a great marketing tool for Solo, didn't it? Great call for Disney, a company that made its fortune on children's movies, to put the idea of Lando ****ing a toaster in the heads of its consumers.

Too ****ing funny.

I can make random connections that are absurd too:

"Oh man, WB's marketing team making sure that video of Jason Mamoa making rape jokes totally worked in their favior after they had him do the apology tour right before Justice League came out. Everyone loves Aquaman now."

In my opinion, saying Lando/ Dumbledore/Poe/whomever is actually gay/ bi/ pan is just Disney trying to appear progressive and nothing more than pandering.

Oh, they're doing more than trying to be progressive (as the left defines it), its a full on campaign. I do find it sickening that some of the same left-leaning-to-the-point-of-falling Star Wars fans that were damn close to being violently opposed to the implied romantic connection between Finn and Rey are all for Lando loving the equivalent of a talking upright vacuum cleaner. The takeaway being that sticking a black man with a GoBot is more acceptable than a black man romantically involved with a white woman.

Absurd. Show me quotes or you're just throwing out generalizing apples vs oranges comments. I can play that game too. Everybody that said Poe and Finn couldn't be gay because AGENDA doesn't accept Lando as anything straight because PANDERING and are the same racists and homophobes who cry whenever a gender or race is changed on a pre-existing character. See! Generalizations are fun!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.