Lando Is Pansexual

Tank

Not homophobic; Lando simply isn't pan. Case closed.

Kennedy and the people at the top now simply do not understand George Lucas' characters. They are changing them as they see fit. I would call this pandering.

But... This is coming from the guy who created, or at least wrote, Lando. Not Kennedy or someone else.

I put this in the same place I put all of Lucas's pronouncements, all of Rowling's tweets, and any other creator who decides things later: if you can't figure out how to write it into the official material, it didn't happen. It was just an idea you had at some point, probably after the fact.

Not sure if joking or not...

But as Billy Crystal said in When Harry Met Sally, men and men can't be friends, because cocksucking always gets in the way.

Guest Robin

Just because a guy has flair and plays with wands does not mean hes gay. There is a difference between having effeminate qualities and homosexuality. Besides you have to take it to be gay, giving is just a courtesy.

Thats exactly why Seth and I havent hung out in years.

That and you stole my spaceship.

Just because a guy has flair and plays with wands does not mean hes gay. There is a difference between having effeminate qualities and homosexuality. Besides you have to take it to be gay, giving is just a courtesy.

I think you're talking about magicians.

The number of people in this thread claiming they "always" thought that about Lando is a little disturbing. Really? Were you that woke in 1983? Or were you just writing erotic Lando fanfic in your heads? Bit of both?

Always, no. Surprised, also no.

My first thought was, ‘Yeah, I can see that.’

Ppl are worked up cause GAY, but I bet he’s into droids more than dudes.

Here is what happened. When discussing the character at some point someone said "hey just act like Lando is trying to seduce everyone he comes across. Chicks, Dudes, Aliens, Droids, just anyone he meets act like he is trying to pick them up."

Which makes perfect sense. Like has been said, sexuality doesn't play a part in Star Wars. So he can't actually be pan sexual. We aren't going to see him getting it on with a robot. The way he behaves you'd correlate to someone who is pan sexual in our world.

Here is what happened. When discussing the character at some point someone said "hey just act like Lando is trying to seduce everyone he comes across. Chicks, Dudes, Aliens, Droids, just anyone he meets act like he is trying to pick them up."

Which makes perfect sense. Like has been said, sexuality doesn't play a part in Star Wars. So he can't actually be pan sexual. We aren't going to see him getting it on with a robot. The way he behaves you'd correlate to someone who is pan sexual in our world.

It sounds like this is more or less what happened based on the advice Donald Glover got from Billy Dee Williams to be charming.

The number of people in this thread claiming they "always" thought that about Lando is a little disturbing. Really? Were you that woke in 1983? Or were you just writing erotic Lando fanfic in your heads? Bit of both?

I’m 35, but never watched Star Wars until around 2005. So I guess I have that going for me?

A writer on CBR.com claims that "To no one's surprise, Lando Calrissian has been confirmed as pansexual." And "Many fans have believed Lando was queer since his introduction in ESB." So yeah, apparently his aggressive flirting with Leia made it pretty clear he was gay.

Well, he wasn't going to hit on Han or Chewie; he'd probably already tried them. Leia came out of the ship ahead of Threepio. Maybe he'd have hit on Goldenrod just as aggressively. ;)

He's suave and charming and uses it instinctively and reflexively. It works for him. If he could've charmed Vader, he would have.

A writer on CBR.com claims that "To no one's surprise, Lando Calrissian has been confirmed as pansexual." And "Many fans have believed Lando was queer since his introduction in ESB." So yeah, apparently his aggressive flirting with Leia made it pretty clear he was gay.

Pan is not gay, gay is not pan... but it’s the dude part everyone gets hung up on.

The writer in question used the word queer though.

Honestly at this point I don't care what the sexuality of these people is. Lucasfilm can make them whatever they want. It's their stories. We've already seen sexually charged scenes between brother and sister. And with the way they wrote the big 3 in TFA and TLJ...what Lando does behind closed doors is the least of my concerns.

What's ridiculous is all these people now claiming "it's been like that since 1980, if you didn't see it then you're a..." just to drive their agenda forward.

I would love it of Billy Dee spoke up and said "Oh, we always knew that. We just couldn't say it back then."

And then all the fanboys using the "I just think they should make a new character! Don't change old ones! I'm not homophobic!" line would have to scramble for some new excuse.

I can't tell if that hate-filled fanbro contingent of fandom is secretly super conservative, or if they just fear any change what so over to their thing they base their life around.

Guest Robin

As for the always thought so sticking point:

Bond, Kirk, Han, Lando, Sparrow all those guys are what I always thought of as hyper sexual. Meaning, they are all Austin Powers like looking at their world this way, yeah baby I could and I would and I did. I dunno what terms are terms or what, but when I heard pansexuality is pretty inclusive I was like yeah that fits.

I mean, for instance, Captain Kirk probably looked at Nomad and thought if you were a little smaller youd get to see the creator in a whole new way.

And then all the fanboys using the "I just think they should make a new character! Don't change old ones! I'm not homophobic!" line would have to scramble for some new excuse.

They also have a great opportunity to do it with Finn and Poe but dont. Its the same as with the its all about diversity but lets keep hiring white men to make the real creative decisions/be in charge of the films. They only like to talk a good game.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.