Cobra Kai

The Choc

Only four episodes in.

Oh hi person I've never met in my life, who I've only heard absolutely atrocious things about for many decades, and have direct recent evidence of how terrible you are, it's so nice to meet you at your house for a random charity event! There's nothing conspicuous or suspicious here! Oh, you have super secret info to tell me about my husband, to whom I've been married for decades? Why yes, OF COURSE I'LL BELIEVE YOU OVER SAID HUSBAND.

I really enjoy this show but it's SO FUCKING DUMB. There's no reason for Amanda to be against Danny but they keep forcing it every season.

No. Don't try to justify it. It's stupid. I'm gonna keep watching it anyway. It's stupid and fun. Should've ended two seasons ago. I just know I'm gonna have to suffer through Kreese teaming up with Danny at some point and oh hey by the way remember when Johnny was supposed to be the main character, him still not being able to figure out a cell phone (let alone the fact that it isn't literally 1985 anymore) is a joke 5 years too old.

"If I can change, and he can change, then everyone can change...he gets it." "I do." :D

One of the other parts that made me laugh was "No mercy, MFer." :D

I enjoyed this season, but it does seem like this show has run its course. Daniel finally got what he was after since Season 1 (shutting down Cobra Kai). Johnny has become a better person, and he and Daniel even seem to be good friends now. Silver was exposed for who he really is and is now in jail. All the kids quit Cobra Kai at the end. Most (if not all) of the rivalries between the students have been settled. Mike Barnes got a painting to sell so he can get back his furniture store.

I just don't see where they can go from here. I guess they could always make something up. For example, after Kreese breaks out, he teams up with Kim Da-Eun to restart Cobra Kai. Or Silver's attorneys manage to get him out of jail. But these things would seem even more contrived than the last season was. I was honestly surprised Kreese broke out. I really thought the writers were going to let him die and make him somehwat a tragic character being killed as he was seeking to redeem himself. That is what I thought they were going for especially after he talked with the prison psychologist. But nope...a swipe of the key card and a little jello for fake blood....and BAM! Instant prison break. I also thought the writers were going to let Chozen die after his fight with Silver, but I was glad to see him make it through.

There were a lot of cool moments throughout all 5 seasons especially seeing old rivals (Johnny, Chozen, Barnes) become allies, but I think this show should quit while it's still ahead.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm way late to the party. Just saw this season and I have to say, the best line in the whole series has got to be when Daniel and Johnny are visiting Kreese in jail and Daniel strikes a deal with him that he'll have his lawyers help get him out. Kreese says, "But I want your top attornies, not some sleazy cousins." Even my wife, who is not big on catching nods to 80's and 90's movies, got that obvious callback to Macchio's role in My Cousin Vinny

Am I the only one who thought that when Silver brought in that female sensei, this would lead to Hillary Swank showing up to make things even? 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.