God of War

David

Anyone picked this up?

Not to jump on the hype train, but Game of the Year. It's amazing how Santa Monica pulled this off and made this game a a continuation of the series, yet at the same time rebooted the entire series. Atreus stole the show, and that's saying a lot because Kratos is amazing in this game and is more human than ever.

i probably put 35 hours or so into this game before finally reaching the game's conclusion. I found myself exploring every part of the game. And when Atreus would ask to explore the realm instead of focusing on the main task at hand, i felt myself taking his advice because it's what he wanted. I guess it was the Dad in me saying 'okay, let's do what you wanna do'.

This game made me feel everything. I laughed, cried, i got pissed, proud, happy, i also got disappointed and maybe even a bit depressed for a bit during a small part of the game? Crazy.

I am a huge God of War fan and have been playing this whenever I can. I just made it to Alfheim.

Unfortunately, I have been spoiled on the big plot twist concerning Atreus, which sucks. Gotta say, I don't like it: they completely change a major component of the mythology, which I hate. They did some of that in the original series as well, but it was always possible to reconcile the differences with the original Greek myths with some apologetics and imagination. With this one, that does not seem possible.

That's a major complaint of mine, but so far my only one. Other than that, I am absolutely taken by this game. Corey Barlog set out to prove that the franchise can be a rich, engaging experience, and he has done so successfully.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.