Three Solo movies?

Darth Ender

I suppose Disney/Lucasfilm may have just decided to lock him into 3 films so they wouldn't have to renegotiate if Solo were incredibly popular and a second (or even third) film was produced. Plus, as pointed out, it does give them the option to have Solo appear in other anthology films.

I, for one, thought the idea of a Solo film was terrible at first, but I am definitely excited to see it. People can come around.

If Solo is good, why not? Everyone has long since decided it'll be terrible, but what if it isn't? What if it's really good?

Fair enough. I am not necessarily against the idea. However, only a certain number of Star Wars movies can be realistically made at any given time. I would like to see new stories with different characters. I would prefer to give other characters some love. I know Han could pop up in a Obi Wan movie or whatever, but I hate those nods.

Do you think they would really do a bunch of movies with Han, Rian's new trilogy, and separate stand alone Star Wars stories all at the same time?

If Solo is good, why not? Everyone has long since decided it'll be terrible, but what if it isn't? What if it's really good?

Exactly. I'm not sold on this yet but if it's legitimately good, why not? But outside of Donald Glover's Lando and the chance to see the Kessel Run once, there's very little interest to see this besides it's being a Star Wars film and it's a chance to see a new film in theaters on the 41st anniversary of the first film.

I'll leave it to Opie to tie it all together and bring it home.

Guest El Chalupacabra

My 2 cents are they probably just signed Alden A. to obligate him to do Solo sequels, if Solo is a hit, like Pav is saying. But if it isn't they will either release him from that obligation, or have Han Solo pop up in other movies, like Tank said.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Only if they're based on A. C. Crispin's Han Solo trilogy.

I feel the same way, but I am not sure how well those books would translate to film.

Hopefully, the Solo film will incorporate some concepts from them, though. It would be a shame if they don't.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I bought my copy of Han Solo's Revenge from the gift shop, back when Disneyland opened Star Tours (not the current version...back in the 1980s)!

I think I still have it packed away somewhere. I haven't re-read it since the early 1990s.

We really need a movie with a Greedo backstory where we see him kill bounties repeatedly, but only after sitting them down for a few minutes to talk to them first about why there is a bounty on their head, and about how lucky he is to have found them first.

Guest El Chalupacabra

We really need a movie with a Greedo backstory where we see him kill bounties repeatedly, but only after sitting them down for a few minutes to talk to them first about why there is a bounty on their head, and about how lucky he is to have found them first.

TPM DID have baby Greedo get his ass kicked by Anakin in a cut scene. No wonder he was so trigger happy.

He’s in Solo obviously.

He’ll have a role in the Lando they will make for Glover after he steals Solo.

Third will be a Fett movie.

There's a pic of the timelines for film releases with "Fett/Solo" after Ep. IX. Dunno how legit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.