Lost In Space

Tank

The umpteenth re-imagining of Lost in Space dropped on Netflix. Anyone watch it? I did for nostalgias sake and ended up filling the space-show hole in my heart that a lack of Trek and Orville has left. I actually really enjoyed it.

Great! I didn't know it was released yet. I enjoyed watching reruns of the original show on the Sci-fi channel when i was in school and then, of course, let down by the movie. The previews and cast for this version looked good to me, so I will definitely be checking it out.

Guest El Chalupacabra

The umpteenth re-imagining of Lost in Space dropped on Netflix. Anyone watch it? I did for nostalgias sake and ended up filling the space-show hole in my heart that a lack of Trek and Orville has left. I actually really enjoyed it.

Hadn't heard of it, but I've never had nostalgia for the original. In fact I have never watched more than maybe 5 minutes of the original at any given time. What approach did they take? Parody? Serious but major changes to the premise?

Hadn't heard of it, but I've never had nostalgia for the original. In fact I have never watched more than maybe 5 minutes of the original at any given time. What approach did they take? Parody? Serious but major changes to the premise?

It's a grounded modern take of the original premise, a family of colonists is lost in space and drama ensues. There's zero winking and nudging for the sake of nostalgia (outside of one cameo) and it's played straight.

It's a solid scifi show.

Guest El Chalupacabra

It's a grounded modern take of the original premise, a family of colonists is lost in space and drama ensues. There's zero winking and nudging for the sake of nostalgia (outside of one cameo) and it's played straight.

It's a solid scifi show.

I may actually be into it, then. I'll have to check it out. I dislike reboots or revivals that end up just being parodies of the original.

Guest Robin

So is it safe to assume that the critical slams on Parker Poseys Dr Smith are just typical froll behavior? (fan-troll)

My partner and I finished it the other day. We really enjoyed it. She hated Dr. Smith as a character, to the point where it almost ruined the show for her, but to me, it showed a good performance from Posey that she could make you hate a character like that, rather than hate her performance. It's very much a more modern sci-fi take on things, which I enjoyed. The ending of the final episode made it feel very much like the whole season was more of a pilot season than a pilot episode, but I don't see that as a bad thing and it worked quite well. My only real criticisms revolve around Will being a bit annoying (then again, he's a kid, kids are annoying), Judy getting over her PTSD awfully quickly, and how the robot chose its loyalties (seemed very...suspect to me, and a bit too convenient, plot-wise).

Other than that, enjoyed it a lot, and I'm looking forward to season two. And more Don West please. And his chicken.

• 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.