WrestleMania

Metropolis

The rebranded Rock was a heel that played off of even bigger heels in The Nation of Domination. When Rock gave Farooq that painting of himself I was in. The funny thing is that Reigns use to be over in The Shield. The WWE was so quick to push him the fans took it upon themselves to say NO! I believe the fans at this point get off on saying no. The WWE has done itself no families in the way they've booked him. Tonight's match was terrible. You aren't going to get sympathy points from the crowd for Reigns.

Note to the WWE. If Russev is over again then there is hope you can get Reigns over!

Roman is too boring to be badass face, and not clever enough to be a good heel. It doesn't matter how good you work in ring if you have no personality. Nobody that boring stayed an A-lister.

The footage of him at the Hall of Fame smiling and laughing made me like him more than anything he's done in-ring.

I don't need another gloomy terse Samoan.

I have two ideas--

1. Cut his hair, ditch the faux Shield gear, put him in a suit, make him an elitist prick that squashes low talent, and finds ways to DQ himself out or cheat to win anything high profile. If people want to hate him, get him over as a heel. HHH style, put him on a win streak that's all cheats or hail-Mary Superman punches. Give him a soft spot for one face-- Ambrose maybe. Send him out on a fake injury, then bring him back to save his friend, insta face turn.

2. Have him end up in a limo accident, scar him up so he can't speak and has to wear a mask. Do the masked monster bit, give him a manager or valet that can do the talking.

Okay so it turns out (for now anyways) that Nicholas is the son of one if the WWE refs. I'm not hating. I thought it was cute as well. I also like that they didn't have him make the actual pin. David Arquette will still rank behind this kid as a memorable champion. Funny thing is that I thought it was a girl at first. The WWE missed an opportunity with this though. If you had Cena still in the crowd and the kid sitting next to him, people think Cena is going to be Braun's partner and he picks the kid instead. After the match THEN you have the ref come out and tell Cena that The Undertaker was there. I'm sure Cena wouldn't mind the kid being chosen over him.

I thought the same thing too. The match should've been placed in a different spot on the card so that we could get the swerve that he was picking Cena but instead grabs the kid. But WWE probably didn't do this because then when Braun announced it'd be someone from the audience everyone would be, of course it's Cena. They wanted the "What???? Who's in the crowd???" reaction.

I couldn't make it through the whole show. I watched it with a friend and we were so bored with it that we turned it off at the start of the Braun match. We were both curious to see who his partner was and were underwhelmed when we found out. We wanted to watch the Lesnar match, but we were half asleep at that point. Looks like we didn't miss much.

It was an underwhelming show. I told my friend that it was weird because there were "lots of surprises but nothing happened." It was surprising that Charlotte went over Asuka cleanly making her tap out. No attempted MITB cash in from Carmella or any funny business. Surprising that Braun picked a kid to be his partner. No returning legend or wrestler from the back (i.e. Elias or Rey Mysterio.) Surprising that Brock kept the title with all the talk of UFC recently. Everyone went over cleanly in every match without any swerves, backstabbing or heel turns. The only turn all night was the one I'm not sure needed to happen (Nakamura.)

Other notes, WWE continues to show they don't care about faces and heels anymore. Naomi lays out on the floor through almost the whole battle royale, waits until there is only one contestant and then comes back in to surprise her and win it. That's a straight heel move. That's something that an Alexa Bliss or Lana would do. Booking 101.

Bray Wyatt is back and is now friends with Matt Hardy. The whole delete match was just to turn him into a sidekick?

Match six: I didn’t like Cena’s run backstage interrupting the post Asuka/Flair match. I think every promo Elias cuts with that guitar is excrutiatingly long, so— all of them. He’s boring as hell. I didn’t love that this was basically a better farewell to Taker where he just came out and squashed Cena with all his finishers... and yet, I still marked out when I heard the GONG... and that Force-big boot tho! We all know Taker will never work a regular schedule again. I say lean into it— one match a year at WM. He just shows up and crushes somebody. NO GRADE.

Taker has the very old school belief that you respect the business and you leave on your back. So at the WM watch party I was at we were saying this must mean he's not retired then. I'm curious to see where they go with Cena after this squash because if Taker is true to his word he needs to lose to somebody to retire. Though technically wrestling one match a year isn't really working anymore either I guess.

He hasn’t said as much, but everyone assumes he is. Given WWEs good ol’ boy redneck roots and long key-demo, I think it would be great if he was out... then again, they’d make a crap angle with it.

I must be seeing something different, or missing something. This was one of the best WMs I have seen, and I have seen them all. Rousey was phenomenal. Beating the shit out of Triple H, and then that rollup into pressing him. Damn. I love Stephanie, too. Her and Shane are just incredible. Not full-time wrestlers and they kill it in the ring. Shane with another awesome coast to coast. Flair - Asuka. Wow. I didn't really see the IC triple threat. I heard I missed a great match. Rollins is my favorite wrestler, even when he was heel. I, also, missed Cena - Undertaker. But, if you blinked you missed it. Love Alexa Bliss. Love the Bludgeon Brothers and their entrance music. I don't get the hate for Reigns, either. I really don't understand him losing, either. Who the hell are they going to book to beat Lesnar?

Go ahead. Be specific. How did it make you feel?

**triggered**

Sorry to disappoint. Just because I have republican on my voter ID, doesn't mean I fit that stereotype. I actually almost missed it because I was posting while watching that match on the replay. If it weren't for the announcers saying something I might not have looked up. And that aspect didn't cross my mind until I was watching WrestleMania reviews on YouTube this morning. I figured the WWE was supporting some local group. Didn't cross my mind that Balor might himself be gay.

Baylor possibly being gay never crossed my mind, either. Good kid, a bit on the small side, but a damn good worker.

I really wanted to like this show, but it fell flat for me. I was hoping that the AJ- Nakamura match would be awesome but it was just meh to me.

I've yet to see the Lesnar match, but I will in a bit. Love the fact that Brock retained, but the fact that it took 6 finishers to do it sounds kinda silly. I'll reserve judgement until I see it though.

Props to Rousey, though. She actually did a pretty good job out there.

Reports are Lesnar has re-signed with WWE and a rematch with Reigns is scheduled for their big event in 3 weeks. The thinking now goes that rather than have Roman win yesterday and get showered with boos, he'll win the rematch in front of a more international crowd more friendly towards those positioned as the faces.

Sometimes you don't have to get it. The fact that he's over is all you need to know. I never liked Hogan, but there was no doubt he was over.

I think it was a great call keeping the belt on Lesnar. Gving it to Reigns would truly suck. Their best bet at this point is to go with Braun instead.

I meant the love from the WWE. Lesnar is the defacto "face" of the WWE and he is a part time wrestler. There are others on the roster that they have to try to build up. Let's face it. When they elevate someone, something happens that derails it and you're stuck with Reigns in the main event.

Yeah Roman is gonna win in Saudi Arabia and then feud with Joe, and Lesnar will feud with Lashley. Im glad I gave up watching weekly a year ago, its so much more enjoyable only watching PPVs and NXT.

I only watch the PPV's. I check in 1-2 times a month to Wrestlezone so I know what to expect from the PPVs. I do love me some WWE TV. I love putting it on for background. When I was off for Christmas I just had all the Survivor Series on 24/7 in my office at home.

Anyhow, on to WM. Overall it was better than last year. I like Lesnar, but his matches need to be short. I was sympathetic to RR, but I am turning on him. Him loading the superman punch is the cringiest move in WWE. Lesnar/ Goldberg last year was awesome.

My biggest issue with WM in recent years is the sheer length. All WM matches needs to be shorter. I know WWE has turned WM into an all weekend event, but they don't need to drive WM on for a six or so hour show. You don't add an extra quarter to the Super Bowl.

Here is this year's card:

post-43608-0-75171000-1523462623_thumb.png

We don't need multiple matches over the 10 or 15 minute mark. Even my favorite match of the night, the IC match, could have been trimmed by a few minutes. You can't expect fans to sit through a 23 minute match of two of the less charismatic stars after sitting for these long ass matches. Why would a drained and tired crowd NOT boo two of the more uncharismatic top guys in a match that lasted ten eleven minutes too long. Make Reigns-Lesnar into a five minute power match slightly earlier on the card. End with a 12-14 minute Styles-Nakamura (which was also too long at 22 minutes).

Here is WM 6

post-43608-0-31961600-1523462655_thumb.png

On this card are arguably three of the top five in-ring performers ever in Savage, Perfect, and Michaels. They didn't even get eight minutes for their matches. Bret Hart got 19 ****ing seconds. DiBiase, maybe the biggest heel of the time and an exceptional in-ring performer on his own, had 12 minutes. All of those matches left the fans wanting more. Hogan-Warrior, from a technical perspective, was one of the worst matches on the card. However, the crowd was all-in for the entire match because they were fresh. Granted...Warrior Hogan were much better storytellers, but you are looking at a 23 minute match from two guys that are both technically worse than Lesnar-Reigns).

Always leave fans wanting more. Less is more.

From what I hear the place was packed at the start of the preshow, which means most of them sat through over 6 hours of wrestling before the main event. No wonder they turned on the main event, beach balls and all.

It's just another reason why it sucks that WWE is the only show in town, because if they had any real competition their roster wouldn't be nearly as big and they wouldn't feel as compelled to do a 7 hour show.

In all, 93 people were on this show. WM6 had 45.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.