How Star Wars could have ended

Filthy Jawa

Eh, it's not like I pulled out technical manuals and went all nerd boy with some arcane bit of trivia. Everyone knows about telekinesis. I think the preemptive shaming was because they knew the video was pretty weak and didn't want to make the effort to pad it out or dump it.

Dorkly's got some awesome Star Wars stuff, but this one was a poor effort.

"Why It's Crazy That Han Solo Doesn't Believe in the Force" was the best one--and something I've wondered about. Sure, as in the real world, some people are too isolated / ignorant and miss even the most in-you-face events, beliefs and/or people, but it still made Han seem sort of...stupid.

I don't know. Han was cynical, but his skepticism of the force wasn't stupid.

Say ten thousand Jedi in a galaxy of 3 million inhabited planets, and say 1 billion people per planet, gives a population on the order of a quadrillion (1015). That means there is one Jedi for every 300 billion individuals. It's not hard to believe that most people in the Republic era had never even seen a Jedi. In the Imperial era, with active suppression of the Jedi, it wouldn't be hard for people to completely unaware of the force even if they had at least heard of the Jedi Order. "A mystical energy field that controls destiny" is kind of far-fetched if you think about it from a non-fan, in-universe, perspective.

The videos are funny, though.

I accept Pav's explanation. He's clearly heard of the concept and, not having seen it first-hand, he's rejected it.

You could also interpret it as a bit of sour grapes. Maybe he wondered if he had the gift when he was younger (he is a pretty gifted pilot, after all), but having discovered he doesn't - he just shits on the whole idea.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.