Leia rumored to be recast with Meryl Streep? WTF

Guest El Chalupacabra

Doing an impression does not equal quality acting.

Just saying, we werent' in the casting sessions. Maybe the dude can just make a face and do a voice that doesn't mean he can emote, carry pathos, or anything else.

That may be true, But didnt Chris Miller and Phil Lord have final say over the original casting? I dont necessarily trust their judgement on this...

Guest El Chalupacabra

Doing an impression does not equal quality acting.

Just saying, we werent' in the casting sessions. Maybe the dude can just make a face and do a voice that doesn't mean he can emote, carry pathos, or anything else.

Fair point for sure, but whatever the reason, I think it is still valid to point out the resemblance and that they could have picked SOMEONE who looked more like Harison Ford.

I'm not willing to say either way until I actually see the movie. If Aiden kills it to some crazy degree you have to let it go-- they have to have somebody carry their movie and resemblance and impression can't do that.

But if he blows, then you'd have to wonder why he was cast.

https://movieweb.com/star-wars-9-meryl-streep-replace-carrie-fisher-leia/

Hopefully this proves false, but this is yet another example that Disney-owned Lucasfilm has no clue. Meryl Streep is a good actress, but do we need a recast of Leia? I am totally against it 100%. But if they were to recast, wouldn't someone who looked more physically like a 60 something Carrie Fisher make sense? Like maybe Sally Field?

What a horrible idea, and after a lackluster TLJ (which I have gone from sort of liking despite its many flaws, to actually despising as time goes on), the idea of a trilogy being given to Rian "the Hack" Johnson, another trilogy given to the Lame of Thrones guys, a Solo movie that NO ONE asked for, and now this bad news, I am starting to really not like Kathleen Kennedy.

Go back in time and listen to Zerimar Nyliram.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.