Leia rumored to be recast with Meryl Streep? WTF

Guest El Chalupacabra

Guest El Chalupacabra

https://movieweb.com/star-wars-9-meryl-streep-replace-carrie-fisher-leia/

Hopefully this proves false, but this is yet another example that Disney-owned Lucasfilm has no clue. Meryl Streep is a good actress, but do we need a recast of Leia? I am totally against it 100%. But if they were to recast, wouldn't someone who looked more physically like a 60 something Carrie Fisher make sense? Like maybe Sally Field?

What a horrible idea, and after a lackluster TLJ (which I have gone from sort of liking despite its many flaws, to actually despising as time goes on), the idea of a trilogy being given to Rian "the Hack" Johnson, another trilogy given to the Lame of Thrones guys, a Solo movie that NO ONE asked for, and now this bad news, I am starting to really not like Kathleen Kennedy.

I don’t think so. Fandom is spinning out hard on the Han Solo movie because despite being a prequel they can’t handle anyonme else playing Han Solo. Not that they expect Ford to play the role, everyone seems to hate this kid because he doesn’t look like Ford. If the masses can’t handle that, no way they accept a recast.

Guest El Chalupacabra

When she died Lucasfilm said they wouldn’t recast or CGI double her. End of story.

That is why I am holding out hope that this is false. But we've been lied to before, as well.

I don’t think so. Fandom is spinning out hard on the Han Solo movie because despite being a prequel they can’t handle anyonme else playing Han Solo. Not that they expect Ford to play the role, everyone seems to hate this kid because he doesn’t look like Ford. If the masses can’t handle that, no way they accept a recast.

For me it's not that he doesn't look like Ford. He slightly resembles him enough to be passable. It's that his voice and inflections sound nothing like Ford. The biggest thing that throws me off is the voice which I still don't understand why they didn't cast Anthony Ingruber in this (it was rumored he had auditioned for the role). He HAD everything down pat. I mean just look and hear him nail a young Ford in this Age of Adeline flashback:

At least they can no longer recast Leia with 2018 Carrie Fisher. Being older isn't the issue, but sounding like you've been smoking crack for 30 years kinda ruins it. My God was she horrible in the last movie.

Carries voice made it seem like Leia had seen some stuff and done some things. Art imitating life and all that. Carrie was fine in it and you're just trying to ruffle feathers. It was just the whole Movie that was a bit askew.. Not Carrie Fischer.

Guest El Chalupacabra

For me it's not that he doesn't look like Ford. He slightly resembles him enough to be passable. It's that his voice and inflections sound nothing like Ford. The biggest thing that throws me off is the voice which I still don't understand why they didn't cast Anthony Ingruber in this (it was rumored he had auditioned for the role). He HAD everything down pat. I mean just look and hear him nail a young Ford in this Age of Adeline flashback:

Yeah, why they didn't hire Anthony Ingruber for the Solo film is beyond me. In fact, he's the dude that posted a youtube video of himself doing a Han Solo impression like 10 years ago, which in all likely hood, had some influence in getting the Age of Adaline role.

Edit: here's that video (kinda cheesy, but the guy DOES do a good job):

Oh well, if they ever recast Indy, maybe they'll give it to this guy.

Anyway, back to the Streep thing. Just to be clear, yeah I realize movieweb is sort of a joke, which is why I have left room for this to be fake news.

Doing an impression does not equal quality acting.

Just saying, we werent' in the casting sessions. Maybe the dude can just make a face and do a voice that doesn't mean he can emote, carry pathos, or anything else.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.