Disney/Pixar Bracket

Lucas1138

I made a judgment call on Fantasia. Same with Spirited Away.

Much like the real tournament, the bubble got to be very weak. If a movie couldn't make the cut for the top 64... it was very weak. I actually had 68 (for the play-in games) but I couldn't find a good bracket template for that).

No offense, but you made an awful judgement call on that one. I thought you ranked them based on their IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes scores? Fantasia's easily bests a good chunk of these movies.

You swap out Fantasia into the 64 slot where Cars 2 is, it goes all the way to the finals with me.

Spirited Away isn't Disney's and doesn't belong, but if you eliminated it because you thought it was "very weak". Well, I just don't know what to tell you.

Jesus you are insufferable in literally everything you do aren't you? The "very weak" and comments regarding Fantasia and Spirited Away are obviously two separate discussions. The 65th movie on the list was like Jungle Book 2 or something. Spirited Away would have been #1 by a mile, and if I remember right, Fantasia would have been a 5 or something.

Fantasia and Spirited Away, for different reasons, share hardly any DNA with these movies. They're their own thing.

I really agree about Spirited Away, but if I never mentioned it someone (probably you!) would have come in and gone "#WellActually Spirited Away is technically a Disney movie because they dubbed it and distributed it and it's soooo good and I'm asserting my intelligence by asking how could you leave it out." So, ya know, calculated risk.

Allllll that to say, no offense, but I don't really give a shit.

Okay, you seem to be escalating things into personal territory, but whatever.

The "very weak" and comments regarding Fantasia and Spirited Away are obviously two separate discussions.

What did you mean then? What was the "very weak" comment directed towards?

Fantasia and Spirited Away, for different reasons, share hardly any DNA with these movies. They're their own thing.

I'll agree about Spirited Away. Disney basically picked up the distribution rights to a finished movie in that case. Fantasia though, that was a passion project from Walt himself utilizing all the legendary animators of the Golden Age. In a lot of ways, Pinocchio suffered because Disney's enthusiasm for Fantasia eclipsed it.

It certainly sits in its own little corner because there's nothing else like it to be found anywhere, but only Snow White contains more purified Walt Disney.

"No offense but..."

"...I don't know what to tell you"

I don't have any patience for your condescension. Just because you've never directed it at me before, or at least not lately, doesn't mean it doesn't annoy me seeing you speak to others that way as often as you do.

My fun isn't derailed. I just don't have interest in being talked down to. As far as your actual contributions went, they were great, and I said as much.

The actual problem here is that you made a comment that I rather reasonably construed as your saying "Fantasia and Spirited Away weren't good enough to be on the list." I'm still not sure why you went into the bit about very weak movies, and of course I thought you were talking about the films that were already brought up in the post because up until then you were saying why you didn't include them.

I basically said, "That's crazy!"

And you go, "Of course that's crazy! And now I'm going to call you names for saying so."

And here we are. Do you really want to continue this?

Not trying to get involved in the argument but if you are trying to make a bracket for Disney that is objective and indicative of the most important Disney movies then Fantasia has to be included. The other movie you guys are talking about I've never even heard of.

The other movie you guys are talking about I've never even heard of.

It's a Japanese film from Hayao Miyazaki. They guy who did Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle, and a bunch of others you might have heard of. Well, Spirited Away was his critical and commercial masterpiece. If they had to redo the Oscars from that year, I rather suspect it would win best picture (it's aged better than Chicago anyway).

It falls somewhere between beloved and revered in animation circles. Hence my incredulity at the thought that it wasn't good enough.

The actual problem here is that you made a comment that I rather reasonably construed as your saying "Fantasia and Spirited Away weren't good enough to be on the list." I'm still not sure why you went into the bit about very weak movies, and of course I thought you were talking about the films that were already brought up in the post because up until then you were saying why you didn't include them.

I basically said, "That's crazy!"

And you go, "Of course that's crazy! And now I'm going to call you names for saying so."

And here we are. Do you really want to continue this?

Continue what? You're the least self aware person on the board. There's never any conversation to be had with you.

How a normal person might have handled this: "Whoa, out of curiosity what went into the judgment call to not include Fantasia/Spirited Away? Those are really good and deserve to be on the list!"

How you handle it: No offense but your judgment is terrible..... then I can't help you."

The weak comment was clearly in reference to the "weak bubble" and "Disney NIT" discussion- the interchangable movies that got excluded. Jungle Book 2, Winnie the Pooh, Black Cauldron,Bambi 2, others I can't remember off the top of my head. Sure they're entertaining, and might make a difference to some people but on the whole they don't really matter for the exercise.

Use some context for God's sake.

Continue what? You're the least self aware person on the board. There's never any conversation to be had with you.

Very well. Continue complaining about what an awful person I am, about how you're the aggrieved one, and that personal attacks are justified because I didn't couch my words in the specific way that you would approve. Just know that I long ago learned it's best not to take responsibility for other people's behavior. Everything you've felt has been against someone who meant you no harm at all.

Use some context for God's sake.

There's no context to let one know you were talking about two different things. The comment about Disney NIT was about how Fantasia would be in it and you didn't say what the judgement call was. I could only assume that you explained what the judgement was in the next sentence.

In the end, do you doubt that I thought you meant that these movies weren't good enough? In my mind, of course Fantasia is a Disney movie. Disney himself made it. The idea that there was a judgement to be made whether it was more of a Disney movie than James and the Giant Peach or Frankenweenie never crossed my mind.

Okay, what the hell...I think I did it right...

Sweet Sixteen

Lion King over Toy Story 2

Aladdin over Monsters Inc

Finding Nemo over Up

Pocahontas over Mulan

Dumbo over Lady and the Tramp

Fox and the Hound over Bambi

Peter Pan over Little Mermaid

Pinocchio over 101 Dalmatians

Elite 8

Lion King over Aladdin

Finding Nemo over Pocahontas

Fox and the Hound over Dumbo

Peter Pan over Pinocchio

FInal 4

Lion King over Finding Nemo

Fox and the Hound over Peter Pan

Championship

Fox and the Hound over Lion King

I don't have to see Frozen to know I hate that ****. That one song that was constantly played was enough to clue me in.

I was surprise Frozen was seeded so low given its popularity - but then I wondered if there were enough frustrated parents who logged on to rate it lowly because they had heard the song too many times lol

Region 1

First Round

1-The Lion King over 16-Cars 2

8-Alice in Wonderland over 9-Sleeping Beauty

5-Toy Story 2 over 12-Princess and the Frog

4-Tangled over 13-Bolt

3-Monsters Inc over 14-Rescuers Down Under

11-Lilo and Stitch over 6-The Incredibles

7-The Jungle Book over 10-Great Mouse Detective

2-Aladdin over 15-The Rescuers

Second Round

8-Alice in Wonderland over 1-The Lion King

5-Toy Story 2 over 4-Tangled

11-Lilo and Stitch over 3-Monsters Inc

7-The Jungle Book over 2-Aladdin

Sweet Sixteen

8-Alice in Wonderland over 5-Toy Story 2

7-The Jungle Book over 11-Lilo and Stitch

Elite Eight

7-The Jungle Book over 8-Alice in Wonderland

Region 2

First Round

1-Up over 16-James and the Giant Peach

9-Hercules over 8-Emperor's New Groove

12-Tarzan over 5-Wreck It Ralph

4-Finding Nemo over 13-Treasure Planet

14-Hunchback of Notre Dame over 3-Nightmare Before Christmas

6-Mulan over 11-Brave

10-Cars over 7-Monster's University

15-Pocahontas over 2-Wall-E

Second Round

9-Hercules over 1-Up

4-Finding Nemo over 12-Tarzan

6-Mulan over 14-Hunchback of Notre Dame

10-Cars over 15-Pocahontas

Sweet Sixteen

4-Finding Nemo over 9-Hercules

10-Cars over 6-Mulan

Elite Eight

4-Finding Nemo over 10-Cars

Region 3

First Round

16-Oliver and Co. over 1-Coco

8-Cinderella over 9-Lady and the Tramp

12-Dumbo over 5-Moana

4-Ratatouille over 13-Meet the Robinsons

3-Zootopia over 14-A Goofy Movie

6-Frozen over 10-Bambi

7-Robin Hood over 10-The Fox and the Hound

15-Cars 3 over 2-Toy Story 3

Second Round

8-Cinderella over 16-Oliver and Co.

12-Dumbo over 4-Ratatouille

6-Frozen over 3-Zootopia

15-Cars 3 over 7-Robin Hood

Sweet Sixteen

12-Dumbo over 8-Cinderella

15-Cars 3 over 6-Frozen

Elite Eight

12-Dumbo over 15-Cars 3

Region 4

First Round

1-Toy Story over 16-The Good Dinosaur

9-Peter Pan over 8-Snow White

5-Little Mermaid over 12-A Bug's Life

13-Aristocats over 4-Big Hero 6

3-Inside Out over 14-Frankenweenie

6-Who Framed Roger Rabbit over 11-101 Dalmatians

10-Pinocchio over 7-Finding Dory

15-Brother Bear over 2-Beauty and the Beast

Second Round

9-Peter Pan over 1-Toy Story

5-Little Mermaid over 13-Aristocats

6-Who Framed Roger Rabbit over 3-Inside Out

10-Pinocchio over 15-Brother Bear

Sweet Sixteen

9-Peter Pan over 5-Little Mermaid

10-Pinocchio over 6-Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Elite Eight

9-Peter Pan over 10-Pinocchio

Final Four

4-Finding Nemo over 7-The Jungle Book

9-Peter Pan over 12-Dumbo

Championship

...and the Champion is...

1-The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh :D

...uuuuhhhh I mean....

9-Peter Pan over 4-Finding Nemo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.