The basic thing that got guys over

Tex

I actually dislike Shane McMahon for this. He goes out and takes these high risk bumps in his matches which of course give us these "holy spit" moments. But dude is the boss' son. He can go out and have whatever match he wants and bump however he wants. He doesn't have to worry about losing his spot or not being able to provide for his family if something goes wrong. Way to show up your employees.

Eh, the same said could be said for Stephanie. I'm just looking at the risk in perspective of the talent. When Jeff Hardy or Mick Foley throw themselves off twenty foot ladders/cages, they still have to get up and go to work the next night or lose their jobs. When Shane does it, he gets to take the next six months off with zero repercussions.

I'm not a fan of big bump takers in general. To me it takes more talent to work a full match than it does to just do crazy high spots. While I do have respect for the Foleys and Hardys of the world for putting their bodies at risk, I think they set a dangerous precedent by conditioning the audience to expect death defying spots from those that come after them.

In Shane's case the only thing he contributes are big bumps. Worse than that every minute he spends in the ring is one that could be given to a better talent.

What sucks about Shane getting any part of the spotlight is that there is no need for it. Historically promoters like Verne Gagne and Fritz Von Erich would push their sons for more than just nepotism. They would do so because they could trust them not to leave their territory. Not that Greg Gagne ever lit the world on fire, but Verne knew he could count on him to fill out a card when most of his talent was bolting to the WWF.

Different story with Shane, though, as Vince hasn't had to worry about filling out a roster in a long time. He's just one of the things that makes the current product hard to watch sometimes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.