Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The basic thing that got guys over

183 replies to this topic

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,691 posts
I'm still waiting for Kurt Angle to offer up a challenge to Joe Biden from our Commander in Chief.

Lord Darth Hunter

Lord Darth Hunter

Sith Lord of Crystal Lake

• 4,441 posts

And to continue...

Braun Strowman:

Flipping over large vehicles/tearing down sets.

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
Brock Lesnar: legit amateur and MMA background

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,701 posts
Nah. Paul Heymab got him over. Hed have failed without Heyman to talk for him at the beginning.

Lord Darth Hunter

Lord Darth Hunter

• 4,441 posts

Ronda Rousey seems to be on the same path.

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
Yeah, no doubt. After the ESPN thing it's apparent that she shouldn't be doing any talking on camera, enen if she could go back in time. Idiot.

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,691 posts
She's okay when she's being interviewed. At least she was before she got beat twice. Now she can't even come close to answering a question about it which is what she keeps getting asked. The WWE needs to take her off these appearances because no one is not going to ask her about those loses. In ring she's horrible so far. What's nothing helping is how telegraphed her "wrestling" has been so far. She better show out at WrestleMania, or fans will turn on her quick. Especially how good some of the female talent is right now.

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
I've yet to see any of her work in the ring, but I'm not suprised it's horrible.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,774 posts
She's not the worst, she could improve. If she works a good program and tells a good story and improves she'd be a fun addition.

My fear is that they will play her as unstoppable and feed her talent to job that obviously outshines her.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,701 posts
Shayna Baszler is doing pretty well for herself in NXT. I wouldnt expect a call up anytime soon but thats an optimistic look at what Rousey could turn into.

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
Rey Mysterio: being short

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,774 posts
Great Khali: being tall

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
Iron Shiek: Iran

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,774 posts
Iron Shiek: Twitter

The Choc

The Choc

• 9,020 posts

Junk Yard Dog: Everyone Loves Dogs

British Bulldogs: See Junk Yard Dog

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
Shawn Michaels: the fact that there was no one else to pass the belt to

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,774 posts
Rhonda Rousey = HHH, Stephanie McMahon, The Rock, Kurt Angle, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Joan Jett, and the UFC

Lord Darth Hunter

Lord Darth Hunter

• 4,441 posts

Shawn Michaels: the fact that there was no one else to pass the belt to

Same applies to Ivory.

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
I don't think Rousy even counts yet. At this point she's a Mr T at best. If she does well at WM and it works everything Tank said will be correct.

Still can't stand to see her in a Piper T shirt. I know he gave her his blessing, but it's so undeserved.
  • Tank +1 this

The Choc

The Choc

• 9,020 posts

I'd say what got Shawn over was being the greatest overall performer in the recent history of wrestling. 

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,774 posts
I said two pages back it was super-kicking Marty Jennety through a window.

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,691 posts
Ugh. He threw Jannety into the Barber Shop window. And the line is "No. I am your father!" ;)

Jinder Mahal: playing into Muslim fears even though he's a Canadian Punjabi Hindu.
  • Tank +1 this

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
Yeah I forgot about Tank's post about regarding Shawn Michaels and it's a better one than mine. I think we're both correct, though.

And Choc he was a good worker, but the point here is to focus on the basic things that got guys over.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,701 posts
Ted DiBiase: that evil laugh

The Choc

The Choc

• 9,020 posts

I dont think the fact that there was "no one else to give the belt to" is what got him over. He was already over. He had stolen WM X against Razor and he was in the title match at 11. By the time he won the title at 12 he was already more than over. 

Reply to this topic