The basic thing that got guys over

Tex

It's the "born again" thing that's so annoying about it. You can be a Christian and not feel the need to broadcast it. The whole thing is just another way of trying to get himself over. I'm not saying his faith isn't legit. It very well may be. But because it's Shawn Michaels it's gotta be a news story. If the guy could make money off of the size of his bowel movements he'd post pictures.

Born again types only find God when they realize they have no one else to talk to.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually the roots of pro rasslin are in the Midwest, much like actual wrestling. From there it migrated everywhere and was most successful in the Northeast and the south.

The Godheads in wresting come from everywhere. DiBiase was from Florida, Sting -Nebraska, Michaels -Arizona, Luger-New York, Nikita- Minnesota.

Actually the roots of pro rasslin are in the Midwest, much like actual wrestling. From there it migrated everywhere and was most successful in the Northeast and the south.

True enough. It feels like wrestling should be a predominantly southern thing, but even in the old territory days it was spread out surprisingly uniformly across the country with plenty of successful promotions running in the northeast (WWWF included), midwest, and Pacific states and if you take a look at most of the of the pioneering wrestlers of old like Thesz (MI), Buddy Rogers (NJ), Freddie Blassie (NY), Sammartino (PA), most of them were born outside the south. And, of course, Canada, Mexico, and Japan all developed their own brand of wrestling.

It's the "born again" thing that's so annoying about it. You can be a Christian and not feel the need to broadcast it. The whole thing is just another way of trying to get himself over.

I'm not really in the habit of telling people how they should handle their faith or how they should help spread it. I tend to think that's a modern principle primarily established as a way to marginalize religions and let them die a slow death by making it socially unacceptable to talk about outside of the walls of the church itself. It's somewhat understandable as we're only a few decades removed from the most recent Great Awakening, but I have an allergy to attempts to suppress the religious vibrancy that has been a hallmark of the country for both good and ill. Losing it will cost our culture more than most realize. But that's a whole other issue.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.