2018 Winter Olympics

Ms. Spam

I'm loving this stuff. I cross country ski and loved the story about the guy who's pole broke from Germany and he fell and was in the last group and he pushed and pushed and he won gold. Imagine if he's still stayed in the running how far away he would have won instead of it was a neck and neck race to the end with this other guy.

Speed skating is also fantastic. The happy kid from DC qualified and I'm so happy for her. Hiney Biney!

The winds have been so strong that some events were shortened and some events moved. The opening ceremony was neat. Drones drones drones!

You can see it in the snow how cold it is. When they collapse at the finish line in the nicely raked snow the ridges don't even move for cross country events, it's so icey hard on top that the body doesn't even leave an imprint and they don't wanna lay down on top of it.

I can see postponing or taking down attempts from 3 to 2 for some of the high flying type events like freestyle snowboarding or the Super G because I don't want to see athletes die in horrible accidents.

Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir are wearing a little thin as commentators.

One thing I hate is when the same sport has different styles and events. What I mean is this: I was watching X Country Skiing and they had to do half the race in the classic style and half in free style. This is moronic. It's like saying "ok, we are going to play baseball. first few innings you have to choke up on the bat, then last few innings you can't". Its stupid, whatever the fastest way to do it, you do it. Same thing in swimming. Lets have all these different strokes. Let's see who is fastest at swimming in a slower manner. Makes no sense.

I am wondering if they had to expand it because so few people do cross country skiing now that the discipline does not have that many who can compete in either freestyle or classic for a full team in relay. The women had to rely on a lady who hadn't had a chance to practice much at the distance she had to go for her lap and she was a terrible starter. GO NORWAY.

So I was kind of sad to see the mens hockey team for USA booted. They were mostly college kids and b or c leagers as no NHL guys are there paying against people who play in respective NHL leagues in their countries.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.