Game of Thrones Producers Making Star Wars Films

Poe Dameron

B and W are HORRID filmmakers. This is gonna be a Trainwreck with a capital T. I can't wait until GoT is finished and the actors and crew can finally speak their minds publically about what a **** show the production has been. This series of films is going to be a glorious mess.

If that were true, Nina Gold and all the actors and actresses she helped seed into Star Wars would have given Lucasfilm a heads up.

That said, it wouldn't shock me if this goes straight to development hell and is quietly cancelled by this time next year.

Guest El Chalupacabra

B and W are HORRID filmmakers. This is gonna be a Trainwreck with a capital T. I can't wait until GoT is finished and the actors and crew can finally speak their minds publically about what a **** show the production has been. This series of films is going to be a glorious mess.

My guess John Snow and Dragon Girl are on the short list for the next Star Wars movie.

But I agree on B&W. GoT is overrated, and has been for a while. Possibly since the beginning. Good one time through, but re-watch-ability, for me at least, isn't' there.

I am actually hoping Rian Johnson and B&W both get un-hired for the possible 2 trilogies.

If that were true, Nina Gold and all the actors and actresses she help seed into Star Wars would have given Lucasfilm a heads up.

That said, it wouldn't shock me if this goes straight to development hell and is quietly cancelled by this time next year.

Oh its true. You'll see when the stories start coming out. Pay specific attention to what Director Miguel Sapochnik has to say. It's gonna be awesome.

B and W could possibly learn their lessons from past mistakes of course, but I doubt it. They seem to be very arrogant.

As to them being involved automatically meaning these movies will be R rated, that's asinine.

Oh its true. You'll see when the stories start coming out. Pay specific attention to what Director Miguel Sapochnik has to say. It's gonna be awesome.

Can't be too bad. The man's coming back for the last season and Sapochnik produced two of the most intricate and cinematic battle scenes ever seen on television based on their teleplays. Hardhome in particular was jaw dropping, though in fairness, it came out of nowhere in a season that had been disappointing leading up to it.

Well, if you're right, they'll be fired like those LEGO movie guys.

• 1 year later...

You know what, after seeing the new Mandalorian trailer, movie level effects being available on smaller budgets is becoming common place, and streaming platforms allow for short run series, I think this is the future of SW, not movies. You can tell better paced stories with depth. All you're losing is the big screen event.

It's a far better platform for an Obi-Wan story.

Ideally, I would have them do streaming shows and a movie every few years, based on having a story worth telling instead of just trying to hit a quota.

Well I'm realizing that with Obi-Wan being revealed as a series, and the GOT knobs being out, there's no other movies in development-- unless Rian Johnson's movie is sill happening. It was touted as what the GIOT concept was-- a fresh start to a new saga in the same galaxy.

A lot of people think that Johnson's deal went away after he alienated half of fandom with TLJ. But it still made bank, so they may not care. I just don't think anything has been said about it in some time-- which means it could be in development still... or it could also be dead. In which case, the only Star Wars movie in development would be Fiege's.

I agree with Tank. I feel the future for Star Wars is the streaming service with limited series. I don't know how everyone else feels but once the Skywalker saga is done, I don't know that I would necessarily be excited about other Star Wars movies. It's just like with The Mandalorian. If that was a movie, I'd be like 'meh.' But I am stoked for the series.

I feel like if the PT was like watching people play a SW RPG, and the ST is a set of SW fan films with big budgets, The Mandalorian is going to be like when you were a kid and you had all your rando SW figures and maybe a a couple GI joes in the mix and you made up your own Star Wars story.

Aside from the Rian trilogy, there's just the Kevin Feige thing that he's working on. Other than that, it's all shows.

I think Disney took the wrong lessons from Solo, I still think there's room for actual films. As hectic as the production of Rouge One was, it was still a solid movie that both forged new territory and kept the ethos of the OT.

Disney definitely took the wrong lessons from Solo. Having said that if you are your average non big time fan and you have Disney+ and a 60 inch 4K TV with great sound and are getting 30 hours of Star Wars streamed into your home that you are already paying for what the hell is going to motivate you to get off your ass, drive to a theater and fork over even more money for the 2 hour iteration of Star Wars that's in the theater? I sure as hell don't know.

As for Johnson's movies. The last quote I saw from him was that he was planning to and looking forward to making his Star Wars movies but wasn't sure of Lucasfilm's timeline or exactly when he'd start really working on it in earnest. Maybe this accelerates that time line and his movie will be next?

I enjoyed Solo a lot once I got around to watching it. I felt a lot of Star Wars fatigue after TLJ.... that was TLJ's fault, not Solo's. So, I hope Solo's underperformance doesn't kill too many things I would have otherwise enjoyed, but I was totally neutral on this GOT-guys trilogy, and the Kenobi thing does seem better off as a series.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.