Game of Thrones Producers Making Star Wars Films

Poe Dameron

I would just like to respond to say, first off: nice post. Very respectful.

But I do think it's a common misconception that it's about patronizing minorities and "throwing them a bone" rather than assigning work on merit. And I'm talking across the board in society.

When you say your background is as diverse as Waititis, that may be true, but having a background of Norwegian, British, French, other form of white, etc etc. has not resulted in any kind of discrimination in most parts of the western world in the last century. Having a skin tone a shade darker, unfortunately has. Ditto for being a woman.

So yes, the ultimate goal is a meritocracy I think we all agree. But right now there is still a strong legacy of white and male dominance at the top of most industries. If we just try to move to straight meritocracy now that we're all so enlightened, well to a certain strong degree the next generation of candidates in any field are going to be the best-educated, most wel-connected ones. And who will those tend to be? More white people because they are the children of all the rich white men who are in positions of authority right now.

So to affect that change, we do need a bit of a nudge to correct those past mistakes.

I am a white man and I know how old ideas like "affirmative action" can seem totally unfair to me, but I honestly believe the world won't get more fair without some kind of action.

Thanks Filthy J...

Back to topic at hand... If the GoT producer cats are going to be making a series or number of films..will they be more adult oriented?

Am I gonna get Twilek sex scenes and gory lightsaber decapitations? You know..the good shit.

My 2 cents is B&W Star Wars will not be rated R. PG13, at the most. But that doesn't mean it can't be good!

Yeah you're probabl right but c'mon....

Imagine some seedy series in the underbelly of Coruscant or the Outer Rim with an R rating. Think of the thermal detonator possibilities. The eviscerations. Or the underground gambling rings with Tony Soprano-esque aliens.

What a world we live in today.

Guest El Chalupacabra

My 2 cents is B&W Star Wars will not be rated R. PG13, at the most. But that doesn't mean it can't be good!

Yeah you're probabl right but c'mon....

Imagine some seedy series in the underbelly of Coruscant or the Outer Rim with an R rating. Think of the thermal detonator possibilities. The eviscerations. Or the underground gambling rings with Tony Soprano-esque aliens.

What a world we live in today.

I agree with you. I'd love to see a Sith centric film told primarily from the POV of the Sith. That would be a justifiable reason to go R rated, too.

But the thing is, I doubt Disney would risk the Star Wars property in such a way, at least right now. Maybe if interest wanes in 10 years give or take, and they feel they have to go dark, then maybe?

Guest El Chalupacabra

"Sorry sweetheart, we don't have time for anything else" is as "adult situations" as I want Star Wars to get. The violence level the same as it's always been, too. I have other outlets for more than that.

So, you are saying you wouldn't be down for some zombified stormtroopers, then?

Star Wars should 100% stay a family film.

I agree wholeheartedly.

The thing that makes me think about an adult oriented SW is that content wise there is just sooo much now. (and there will only be more). There is enough going around to fling some content to the adult market. And GoT dudes would be pretty good at that I reckon.

But that said, of course SW main demographic is families, and kids. It should stay that way. Doing one thing slightly different won't change that aspect of its identity.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Yeah, I wouldn't want an R rated Star Wars. Star Wars needs to be at the least accessible for kids. Saying you want an R rated Star Wars is like saying "I like Christmas but damn wouldn't it be nice without it being about kids?"

Saying I want an R rated Star Wars is not. I just think there are a couple scenarios where it would not only work, but make more sense. The Sith, which are suppose be evil and advance through treachery and murder, would be a one such scenario. But it is a wish list for a thing that won't be. Disney won't go R rated with Star Wars. I am fine with Star Wars being kid friendly, too, btw.

B and W are HORRID filmmakers. This is gonna be a Trainwreck with a capital T. I can't wait until GoT is finished and the actors and crew can finally speak their minds publically about what a shit show the production has been. This series of films is going to be a glorious mess.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.